Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tayken!
    I have no prior convictions!
    Do you have any CANLII cases that speaks to prior assault convictions and how joint custody is made out?

Comment

Originally posted by rvalentines View Post
      Thanks Tayken!
      I have no prior convictions!
      Do you have any CANLII cases that speaks to prior assault convictions and how joint custody is made out?
      Sent you the link via PM. It is s. 486.4 protected. Ugly content.

Comment

Received! Thank you! I also responded to you Let me know if you got it or not

Comment

I went through a very simillar process. In my case, it is my firm belief that my ex created the situation in order to get custody. It's slimy and unfortunately a tactic that many lawyers take... but I'm sure they will all deny it.

What i learnt fairly quick is that if there is no court order then one parent denying access is no different than the other. While my ex tried to pull the same thing with me, I refused to the schedule and maintained a 50/50 schedule. Clearly that wasn't going in my ex's favour so they brought a motion. The end result was a 50/50 schedule where I had sole decision making.

Be careful, don't engage with your ex, get a good lawyer and move things along quick. Don't let a false status quo get created. She will try to paint you as controlling and abusive, don't give them anything to hang you with. But hopefully the judge isn't persuaded wth the tactics.

Good Luck

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X