This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning off the anger/stress...

Any suggestions on how you were / are able to burn off the moments of intense anger/stress ?
    Can't find any dishes to take to a dump and throw ! (that's right...I don't have anything from the marital house ! frig...)

Try doing something positive and productive. Walk, garden, paint, kickboxing,volunteering, learn something new.

You'll feel so much better after doing some positive rather than the short-term pleasure of doing something destructive to vent.

Comment

I find something physical works the best. I keep hearing Yoga including the meditations are amazing for reducing stress but I gotta tell you, although my intentions are good, I never seem to get to it with all that goes on in the life of a single parent....

I think venting helps a lot too! Keep posting just to get it out there!

Comment

I painted my garage and did some gardening and felt AWESOME! lol
        Being creative is such a great release.

Comment

Go for a run, or bikeride. Something physical though, and then relax when you get home. Works for me at least

Comment

As mentioned, something physical I think helps. Even if it's just a one-hour walk around the neighbourhood. Try to see people, I think that helps. Join a club or take a course at the local college. Do something with co-workers. Do something you like or try something new. I happened to work at the local baseball stadium and game days helped me forget about everything else. Wish there was baseball year round.

Venting can help too. I was surprised when my cat died how good it felt to write about it on Facebook. And I never use Facebook, the only thing on my page is my feelings when it happened. Even if you just write it for yourself and nobody ever sees it, although my sister called to offer her condolences about the cat which helped. I wished my ex had come and brought our daughter to my dad's funeral but I was offered a job that very same day and soon was getting to know new people and that helped in that case.

Comment

I meditate, it works wonders but it is a skill and unless you practice for a while it will be frustrating.

I also find I feel great after building something out of all my spare wood. Pulling out the saw and drill and making even a simple frame or box leaves me feeling uplifted.

Comment

Start looking at members of the opposite (or whatever turns you on, I guess) sex and smiling. Keep doing that over and over and over again to everybody you pass by. Eventually one will smile back (or punch you in the teeth) and the previous anger or stress will be a distant memory.

Comment

I attended counselling - I only went 3 times, but that seemed enough for me. I deal with stress and anger so much still, however I know hwo to better deal with it. Deep breaths, remembering that I control my own anger and that I will not allow someone else to dictate how I feel... I think it is all about moving forward while remembering all of the good in you. The one thing I have learned the ex hates is when I am happy and feeling "untouchable" by his actions or words. He does not define me!!!

Comment

I've been power walking .... I try to do 8k but sometimes I am motivated enough to do 10k .... it feels good, I'm toning up and losing weight! Plus, it's nice to be outside in the fresh air!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X