Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BOTH parents have SAME obligation to support their children... I think for many - it's not about supporting their children but rather the monetary unfairness as a parent in the system. Thats just me though.

Comment

bayleaf says:

"In my view, it is professionally irresponsible for lawyers, judges and senior justice system bureaucrats to continue to maintain a legal process that pits mothers against fathers and sees the children similar to the other family property that is to be divided up following a lengthy, adversarial and wasteful legal battle. Not only does this process frequently inflict even more damage to the already troubled relationships within the family, it bleeds the family of both emotional and financial resources. And it wastes time that is so critical to developing children."

You know what? The lawyers, et al. don't give a rat's ass about whether their actions are moral, just, or 'professionally responsible'. Divorce is a big money-making racket, and they all stand to profit from it, so the status quo remains.

When these entities start suffering financial losses (or, in the case of the politicians who support the status quo, they start losing votes) from the continuance of current practices, maybe then you will see a change. But not before.

In fact, I think it would take a massive electoral revolt and strong voter pressure before we even get close to seeing things change.

Comment

ZipZap, I agree that nothing much will change until more people begin to demand change.

Though some people working in the current system may not care about fairness and justice, all of them care about their reputations. Lawyers and judges do not like to be seen as being professionally irresponsible, so it is a message worth repeating. We need to publicly hold them to account for their maintenance of a system that not only ill-serves their clients, but damages them and their children.

Comment

I wrote my MP about my how unfair the courts are towards men.......and I am a woman.!!!!.....I got no reply whatsoever.......I don't know what it will take.....other than the older judges dying off and replaced with younger ones who can grasp the concept of equality.

Comment

Originally posted by CISTEAD View Post
            .....other than the older judges dying off and replaced with younger ones who can grasp the concept of equality.
            That's happening already.

Comment

Yes Women do receive preferential treatment. I think our society does not realize the importance of a father in their child's lives. Is it fair that the mother never has to prove that she is competent as a parent yet the father is made to do this at every turn. Why should a father only be allowed visits every other weekend? Why shouldn't a father have just as much rights to see his child as the mother? Fathers have to go to court to gain access? This is ludicrous, if the shoe was on the other foot the mothers would be crying out for justice? Where is my justice as a father I have been denied my right to parent my children to have any say in their day to day life. I have not seen them for 7 years now and have been to court numerous times with no results, I have paid thousands in court orders only to have police say they don't want to get involved so my court order is useless. I think we need to take the family out of the court system out of Lawyers hands whose only care is the money they can make. I don't think that as long as Lawyers are involved the child's best interest will be met. I wish people could be mature sit down and decide whats best for their child without getting other hands involved, so many children have lost money that could have been saved for their education and future to LAWYERS!! Many children in Canada have been treated unjustly by our court system, they have been alienated from their fathers, grandparents, aunts, uncles and other family members, and will suffer for it. IT IS SICKENING!

Comment

Originally posted by JustChillin View Post
                Well, somebody has a major chip on his shoulder.
                Men who aren't involved with their children are well practiced at playing the TIRED, boring "selfish, vindictive mother keeping the poor hard-done by father away from the kiddies" card. Snore. See, Mr. Silly Clown, if women were the monsters you THINK they all are, I guess more children would be in need of intervention.

I would LOVE to have the easy job too many fathers have. Yes, too many, honey, and if you learned to calm down and be rational, you wouldn't be so ready to blame all women for your problems. YOU are the one stereotyping women, honey.

Bon bons? What a joke...............and honey, I couldn't be a clown if I tried. I'm rational, fair and intelligent. See, I'm not one of your family members or friends.
                Fathers' rights activists do themselves and their children (whom they profess to care about) no favours when they vindictively go after their exes. Take your obvious women-hating elsewhere, or better yet, get professional help.

I love it when some of the dudes only started caring about the kids when the increases in child-support took effect. But have no fear, boys, just run off to another province, and it makes it SO hard for your exes to get practically anything! (but that doesn't happen, does it?)
                Wow you really are blind to what is happening in Ontario then? It is a massive problem that you are ignorant of. Find out the facts before commenting on it, just because you might have had a bad ex does not mean all men are bad. Their are many men that are unjustly treated by the family court system, that are not able to see their children because the court allows their ex to do what she wants and alienate the child from his/her father. I love my children but my ex doesn't care to let me see them she has denied me my access many times and then would not let me see them at all, court orders where not stuck to and police would do nothing. Live is not just what you see or perceive it to be so maybe you should take your blinders off. Children need their father and Mothers need to reailze this and stop dening access its not fair to the child.

Comment

Boo Hoo Hoo!!!!

Originally posted by Ihave2kidsIcannotsee View Post
                  Wow you really are blind to what is happening in Ontario then? It is a massive problem that you are ignorant of. Find out the facts before commenting on it, just because you might have had a bad ex does not mean all men are bad. Their are many men that are unjustly treated by the family court system, that are not able to see their children because the court allows their ex to do what she wants and alienate the child from his/her father. I love my children but my ex doesn't care to let me see them she has denied me my access many times and then would not let me see them at all, court orders where not stuck to and police would do nothing. Live is not just what you see or perceive it to be so maybe you should take your blinders off. Children need their father and Mothers need to reailze this and stop dening access its not fair to the child.
                  Mention the word "ignorance" to all the other neglectful dads, honey, they are all so full of it, I doubt they would really understand the word.
                  So many guys, and they are ALWAYS being held back from the kids, huh? Yet, study after study after study tells us it's STILL women who make the EFFORT with their kids, and too many fathers only seem to want custody when SUPPORT comes into play. Yeah, like then it would be cheaper to raise the kids. Whatever.
                  Maybe YOU and other fathers should just get over YOURSELVES and do some soul-searching, and see what you are doing wrong? It's not always some woman's fault, eh? YOU take the blinders off, bud.

Children need their fathers? Well, take a look around the world, it isn't exactly women who are failing their children, huh?

Make an effort and get that sorry chip off your shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by JustChillin View Post
                    Mention the word "ignorance" to all the other neglectful dads, honey, they are all so full of it, I doubt they would really understand the word.
                    So many guys, and they are ALWAYS being held back from the kids, huh? Yet, study after study after study tells us it's STILL women who make the EFFORT with their kids, and too many fathers only seem to want custody when SUPPORT comes into play. Yeah, like then it would be cheaper to raise the kids. Whatever.
                    Maybe YOU and other fathers should just get over YOURSELVES and do some soul-searching, and see what you are doing wrong? It's not always some woman's fault, eh? YOU take the blinders off, bud.

Children need their fathers? Well, take a look around the world, it isn't exactly women who are failing their children, huh?

Not sure who's got the bigger chip on their shoulder....sexist much....if I made the statement "Children need their mothers?" you'd cry foul so hard.

Children need both parents, if you can't recognize that you're obviously so stuck on your own agenda that you are blind to reality.

And while there are bad fathers in this world there are just as many bad mothers. You do know that per capita it is women who are more likely not to pay child support when ordered (and I say when ordered, because for some reason they also get off more often). But I am sure you wouldn't care to know that.

And yes, the studies show that mom's still do a little more work then dad, but the gap is closing significantly and it isn't like mom has to bear the burden of all the child rearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by JustChillin View Post

Be careful with that generalization Mommy. I have sole custody and after 4 years of paying SS in full and on time it ended and my ex is behind on CS and refuses to discuss adjusting the CS to table amount based on her current income as required by our court order. This only four months after SS ended. I just re-filed with the FRO and will be bringing a motion to change shortly.

Shall I project that onto every woman out there?

Your reckless and careless generalizations do not advance the argument, so shut it.
                      Last edited by dadtotheend; 08-12-2010, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Seems like we have 2 people with huge chips on their shoulders. Stop focussing on blaming the court system and DO something about your own situation.
                        The problems in the court system can only be solved when more individuals act to make things right. You aren't going to change the outcome of every court action, but you can influence it.

And get some counselling. That kind of attitude is harmful to you AND your kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
                          And while there are bad fathers in this world there are just as many bad mothers. You do know that per capita it is women who are more likely not to pay child support when ordered (and I say when ordered, because for some reason they also get off more often). But I am sure you wouldn't care to know that.
                          Exactly, it goes both ways. My step-kids mother only decided to take them back 50% of the time because we filed for child support.

And I'm not surprised that women are less likely to pay child support when ordered. They tend to feel entitled to more than the father. Something I've come across in my personal experience... but I can't say it is fact. It really goes both ways, every case should be assessed individually before you make assumptions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanfear View Post
                            And I'm not surprised that women are less likely to pay child support when ordered. They tend to feel entitled to more than the father. It really goes both ways, every case should be assessed individually before you make assumptions.
                            Then don't make those assumptions. You just contradicted yourself.

Comment

• The real issue is not who is a better, men or woman, but rather a court system that allows people to break court orders with no consequences for thier actions. I know both men and women who dont pay child support, both men and woman who alienate the children from the other parent, and both sexes who are more concerned with being right than getting it right. AND the courts do nothing to prevent this. As my lawyer once said to me, a court order is only as good as the ability to enforce it. And our system does not enforce it. Been there, done that, have not seen child support, medical or university expenses paid in over 10 years while he lives in a large home with ample income to pay, yet breaks every single order outlined in our court order. Unless I win the lottery, there will be no recourse as I dont have any more funds to pay for legal counsel. anpoowowotuqrsissI

Comment

• FRO in Ontario?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X