This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex's Lawyer stalling?

Ex and I have been separated for 1 year and a half.

We finalized our divorce, custody and property agreement over 8 months ago. Ex wife was paid out an equalization payment in trust that her lawyer would apply for the desk divorce "forthwith". Her lawyer ended up filing our old divorce application from years ago in April and the court requested the up to date divorce documents which ended in me being served again and stalling a few more months.

The end of May her lawyer advised mine that he had filed the statement of claim andnew divorce documents. But no application for desk divorce that he undertook to do?

My lawyer ended up checking with the Queens Bench clerks office yesterday and they advised us that they have been waiting for the documents from my exs lawyer for 2 months now.

Any thoughts as to what might be going on? Ex acts oblivious and keeps telling me that my side is stalling etc...

My lawyer has made numerous inquires asking for an update with no reply from her lawyer. There has been other times my lawyer has emailed her lawyer over receipts she is seeking reimbursement for and again no reply.

This is really frustrating. My ex is engaged and living with another man. I don't get it?
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X