Ex spouse using my facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex spouse using my facebook

Hi Folks, long story short. My wife found out my facebook login a few years ago while we were married. made no difference to me as she was on facebook and could see all my posts anyway.
    We separated last October. I changed every password I could think of, butIi missed facebook becasue it doesn't ask you for it when you stay logged on. I never logout completely so it slipped my mind.
    I have been told by 3 people that she has used that information to spy on me over the last 9 months. Is it still considered hacking if she knew the password? Is it against the law to use the password? I have changed it so there is no way for her to see anything anymore. But I'm wondering if there is a way to use this against her. Inclusion og seclusion or something like that?

Nope. It is like a bank card. You give your pin number to someone else then you essentially void your agreement with the bank and they won't back you if you're ripped off. Some banks even demand the card back.

Some great friends you have - telling you 9 months after the fact. Sheesh. Damage has been done. Walk on.

Comment

I agree with Arabian... you provided the password to her and she just didn't forget it.

Arabian is absolutely right about the bank and my mother in law is going through this now. Last week someone took $500 out of her account at 4am. She went to the bank to figure it out, after a short investigation it was determined it was her own son who took the money out. She attempted to press charges and such, but because she provided him the Pin number months ago, there was nothing fraudulent about what he did because he didn't hack the card.

Comment

For Facebook, go to your settings and look at 'active sessions ' and it will show you everywhere you are logged in from. Choose 'end all sessions ' and it will log you out from everywhere aside from your current session. Check/change your email address and password, problem solved.

Be more careful in the furure and perhaps spend more time trying to deal with your situation than looking for things to 'use against her'.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X