This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AnarX:

I feel sorry for your children. You are bitter to a ridiculous degree.

You're going to tell your children that you'll disown them?!? I can't imagine any reason I'd disown my own children...but certainly not for anything they'd do within their marriages. You don't punish children for not making perfect marriages or for making mistakes in life....that's idiotic.

You also don't tell children..even adult children about their mother's sex life. Affairs are often a symptom of other major issues within the marriage. Most marriages don't fail based on the actions of only one spouse. Whatever her faults may or may not be, I doubt you were perfect. And as an adult child of divorced parents, I can assure you of one thing. You either move-on with life and find a way to not involve your children in the bitterness and anger you have towards your spouse or you will lose the respect and possibly the company of your kids. And you'll deserve it. Leave them out of it! You married her...you deal with it.

Man, I feel sorry for kids with parents like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
      You're going to tell your children that you'll disown them?!? I can't imagine any reason I'd disown my own children...
      Yes, I will tell my children that I will disown them. In fact, I will tell them more. I will tell them that I will transfer full title of all my property to their spouses if they humiliate their wives and disrespect their marriage vows.
      I will also teach them that the world is filled with apologists for bad behavior. I will teach them that the world is filled with free-loaders and that such parasitism often manifests itself in marriage.

Comment

LMAO...someone cheated on you and divorced you?!? I can't think why...you're so cheery.

On a more serious note, what I don't think people with your mentality get is that you're really only hurting yourself and your children. Nice touch trying to threaten them with cash though. I'll bet you did the the same thing to your ex-spouse, hence their taking off. Luckily for your kids, they'll get older, realize what you are and use you as example of what to avoid being in life. Good luck drinking that bitter lemonade for the rest of your miserable existence.

Comment

I did not threaten anybody. What people like YOU do not get is that some people feel they are entitled to things that do not belong to them.

I will also teach my kids to never register their marriage civilly and to never co-habitate with anybody unless they have a co-habitation agreement.

Good luck to your kids too! I hope they do not perceive threats that do not exist the way you do!

Comment

Ah, a classic control freak.

"I'll decide what you deserve..."

"Live my way or I'll try to control you with whatever I have (ie. money)..."

"I will foist my cynicism and bitterness from my crappy marriage even upon my own children because I should determine how they live their lives..."

LMAO...nothing like a positive role model in life. I feel sorry for your kids.

Comment

Likewise. I feel sorry for your kids too because, as evidenced by your own writing, you misrepresent reality. I will also teach my kids to avoid people who do that.

By the way, if you can not possibly think of anything your kids could do that would warrant being disowned, then that reflects on the thin morality you are teaching them. I plan to teach my kids to avoid people like that too.

Comment

hahahahahahahahaha...

As a parent of an adult child, it will be very very amusing when you figure out what your children are going to be teaching YOU in the very near future. You have kids, not lapdogs...you psycho control-freak. Your brainwashing scheme will not only be unsuccessful...its going to backfire bigtime.

I'm glad your ex-spouse escaped...good for them.

Comment

AnarX:

I feel sorry for your children. You are bitter to a ridiculous degree.
                  This^^, times 1000.

hahahahahahahahaha...

As a parent of an adult child, it will be very very amusing when you figure out what your children are going to be teaching YOU in the very near future. You have kids, not lapdogs...you psycho control-freak. Your brainwashing scheme will not only be unsuccessful...its going to backfire bigtime.

I'm glad your ex-spouse escaped...good for them.
                  Lol, don't waste your breath. This guy has control issues, as evidenced by pretty much all of his posts. One day his children WILL grow up and WILL learn from his guidance - they'll learn exactly what they DON'T want to be.

Comment

Will be having this talk w S8, D5 in the very near future at STBX insistence. She is of the ilk of some of the other posters here stating that she has no qualms in telling the kids that Daddy doesn't want to live here anymore...Mommy wanted to try but Dady doesn't....whether it is support seeking from the kids or what I don't know....since the entire community knows we're separating - its probably best that we tell the kids before they hear it on the playground. I do appreciate the poster who mentioned being better friends than spouses (even though hell will freeze before she will ever feel this way). Am constantly going over in my mind how to broach the subject and deal with the fallout. Thanks for the posts

Comment

Lol, don't waste your breath. This guy has control issues, as evidenced by pretty much all of his posts.
                      I can't imagine walking around angry and hate-filled like that all day...he's a walking heart attack. By whatever means, its a good thing the spouse got out of there...that is one disturbed individual.

Am constantly going over in my mind how to broach the subject and deal with the fallout.
                      As an adult child of bitterly divorced parents, I can tell you not to worry too much. Your spouse may try very hard to brainwash your kids against you but in the long-run she'll be doing herself a lot of damage. These types never get that. The whining actually gets really annoying to kids...they don't see their parents that way and don't want to be involved in the mess. Kids don't care about adult relationship issues...they love their parents and parental perfection isn't a requirement. After a while, the propoganda sermon against one parent becomes very annoying to kids and they start reacting to it in very negative ways towards the parent engaging in it.

The best thing to do is keep your head up...ignore other people's opinions and focus on taking care of you kids. Don't ever stoop to that level. People who don't have the capacity to love their children more than they hate their ex-spouse get divorced for a reason. They're emotionally-retarded, unable to connect well with others, and are self-focused in a way that children (and everyone else) eventually sees right through. They end up doing exactly the same behavior with the kids because they are inherently selfish and when the children show patterns of individualism and free-thought, they can't stand it and start the control/rejection pattern again.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X