Wheels in Motion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels in Motion

This is bound to ruffle some feathers...and it's obvious where the resistance will be coming from.....

Our cousins to the south seem to be heading in the right direction, and it's only a matter of time before Canada follows,

A bill, S-2750/A-3909, would revise the laws concerning alimony by eliminating permanent alimony and establishing guidelines concerning the amount and duration of other types of alimony.
    http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

In South Carolina...sad story about the War Vet......

Alimony Reform Movement Growing in South Carolina

A good definition of SS I think....

alimony is a fossil and a relic left over from olden times when marriages were dissolved only on grounds of wrongdoing. Some reformers go so far as to call alimony payments “involuntary servitude,” which more appropriately describes modern-day slavery.
    http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...ey=mod|mostcom

Apparently...More men getting alimony from their ex-wives, well am not that lucky, and not having being raised that way, don't think I can bring myself to accept such thing...but diff folks, diff strokes

According to 2010 U.S. Census records, of the 400,000 people receiving spousal support, only 3% were men.
    Ah....admittance to inequality in the law, bloody h3*l

Society is starting to catch up to the law. In 1979, with Orr vs. Orr, the U.S. Supreme Court made it clear that there shouldn’t be gender bias when it comes to alimony. Yet anecdotal evidence suggests that some men don’t always have equal outcomes when it comes to receiving spousal support

More men getting alimony from their ex-wives | Financial Post
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X