Impute income with no experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solution View Post
    I am trying to decide if I should give in to their request of no income imputed for her for the next 5 years before we reassess.
    This is where a lawyer is needed, as I'm not sure it'll make a difference. If it gets you 50/50, then it may be worth it. Income can be imputed for spousal and child support purposes, yet it made no difference in my case. Ex was imputed an income which lowered my cs, but my ss went up.

Second motion was to drop supervised assess and increase to every other weekend but we settled on the morning of the motion
    Did you settle with unsupervised increased access?

No issue on child support. I voluntarily pay it as it makes no sense to drag something as simple as that. This is close to $1k, imagine how material the spousal support would be!
    Your ss would be lower because you're paying full cs. It'll be a struggle, basically splitting your income another 5 years, but it'll get better soon enough. If you're at 50/50 by the time ss ends, an imputed income will be set and your support reduced.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X