Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parent falsifying doing home therapy

Hi,

One of mine requires therapy for vision issues. It took 2 years after diagnosis was made and a court motion to get ex to agree to it.

It seems though my son attends the therapy sessions but is not doing the home therapy when not in my care. But the work sheets indicate they are done. It is apparent that we have some falsifying occuring (likely because this something I wanted to do vs an actual need of the child) I am working with the therapist to address but no one can control a parent. He also is not progressing as expected.

This is 1 of numerous concerns and why at section 30 is needed. Does this scenario if proven fact significantly help my custody/access case?

Avoid a Section 30, for the most part it is a racket with unqualified people giving opinion based on their own bias.
    You may be 100% right on the therapy thing but all your ex has to say is "see it was done"....maybe the assessor doesn't like you.

Just stay away.

Comment

Everything is interim. There is strong evidence of alienation. She will never agree to equal parenting time even though I have 6/14 nights...no options aside from section 30

Comment

Why is Section 30 the only option?
        A judge does not require a Section 30, they may order one though.

What about a parenting coordinator....eventually they can testify.

Comment

Originally posted by Kkc View Post
          Everything is interim. There is strong evidence of alienation. She will never agree to equal parenting time even though I have 6/14 nights...no options aside from section 30
          Section 30s are often a massive mistake. They are unpredictable unless it is rigged.

Parenting coordinator can be better.....ask lawyer if that will work or simply file a motion for the extra night.
          It is hours that count, not the nights when it comes to child support so if you make it 50/50 that way there is less resistance to the extra night.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X