No announcement yet.

Post secondary expenses payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure about that.....since I didn't get it, but I worked a lot of extra hours to pay for hockey, baseball etc. so some support would have been nice.
    I guess it depends on how much the custodial parent earns in comparison to what the non custodial parent earns.

Comment

Originally posted by Lrob View Post
      I was able to support them and their dad did any favour I asked of him.....house and pet sitting while I was on vacations, drove the kids around, took them to appointments etc. I'd rather of had the child support tho.

I’m not divorced and my husband pays full support to his ex but I would much rather an involved father than CS... my husband works long hours when his kids are with their mom but he reduces his hours when the kids are with us. As our 8 month old gets older he won’t be working long hours either... I would much rather him be available for his children then him make the maximum money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn't expect him to make the maximum amount of money. I'd rather he contributed something financially tho. He didn't work extra hours or try to better his situation as I felt I needed to in order to keep food on the table and have the kids in hockey etc. I'm happy that he helped in other ways, but one isn't exclusive to the other.
        I find it strange that when I posted the original question, I had 2 great people that offered help and information and 2 that plucked a few words throughout all the posts to turn it around so they could make a negative comment.

Comment

My father was one of those dads who had the attitude of “Im not paying my ex wife a cent”. Ive said a couple of things to him about our childhood. Living on welfare, struggling to keep a roof over our heads etc. He likes to brush it away as the destiny we were given. I remind him having kids is a responsibility and as much as he hated his wife, he still should have loved his kids. Now he can’t understand why he doesnt have a better relationship with us. There are two kinda of people in family law—those who put their hate first and those who put their kids first.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            My father was one of those dads who had the attitude of “Im not paying my ex wife a cent”. Ive said a couple of things to him about our childhood. Living on welfare, struggling to keep a roof over our heads etc. He likes to brush it away as the destiny we were given. I remind him having kids is a responsibility and as much as he hated his wife, he still should have loved his kids. Now he can’t understand why he doesnt have a better relationship with us. There are two kinda of people in family law—those who put their hate first and those who put their kids first.
            it wasnt your choice to be born. You never choose or had anything to do with that "destiny", it was forced on you.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
              it wasnt your choice to be born. You never choose or had anything to do with that "destiny", it was forced on you.

Which is what I tell him. Sadly he fails to take responsibility. [emoji20]

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X