Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allowances

Hi All

I have asked alot of people this question and get different answers from all of them so maybe I can get some help here.
    I am a serving member in the Canadian Military and I am paid an allowance LDA (Land Duty Allowance) for sevring in an operational unit. It is a taxable allowance. not everyone recieves this allowance and i could loose it at anytime if I no longer serve in an operational unit.
    My question is this. Does this allowance get calculated into the my income for the determination of Spousal Support? Again I have had so many different answers on this I really don't know anymore.

Originally posted by tlwa View Post
    Hi All

I have asked alot of people this question and get different answers from all of them so maybe I can get some help here.
    I am a serving member in the Canadian Military and I am paid an allowance LDA (Land Duty Allowance) for sevring in an operational unit. It is a taxable allowance. not everyone recieves this allowance and i could loose it at anytime if I no longer serve in an operational unit.
    My question is this. Does this allowance get calculated into the my income for the determination of Spousal Support? Again I have had so many different answers on this I really don't know anymore.
    In principle, if it shows up on your line 150 of your Notice of Assessment, it should be used in the calculation. but then if you lose it, if it is substantial, you could argue for a material change in circumstances.

I get a bonus, it can range by thousands of dollars based on factors out of my controll. I used a three year average to do the calculations.

Comment

If its included in your line 150 income then I say yes.
      If you get transferred out of your operational unit, apply for a change based on actual income.

Comment

Thanks for the responses and thats pretty much what I was thinking.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X