This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 7 Expenses

My ex's lawyer e-mailed me today setting out her S7 expenses for my 14 year old son, to be included in our divorce order. However, he also stated that she had already paid some expenses between January and October this year. My portion of these expenses come to approximately $600.00. He is proposing including these expenses in the divorce order. I have already sent her some money for these expenses, but no mention of that is made in the email.

My question is, can they do this? Make me pay retrospective S7 expenses? I thought the whole idea of a divorce order is to settle future expenses once the divorce is final?

Yes they can make you pay retroactively. You should have proof of the payments made, simply email copies of the payment with your response.
    Last edited by blinkandimgone; 10-22-2010, 10:25 PM. Reason: the voices told me to...

Comment

Ok. Thank you.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X