This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fro question

So, both parties agreed and signed the FRO information sheet at CC. What is the next process? How long before they contact us to gather more information? I did read they have to get the court orders before starting anything. What if even they were temporary? Are they going to wait until they are made final?
    It's almost been one month since cc and heard nothing more about it.
    When will I be finally receiving any type of support? Man, it's getting hard as I have been soley providing for our child and day care expenses and just getting by!

Hi Tug,

I did the FRO thing and all I was told is that it can take 6 months for them to call you and then you go from there. Have you asked your lawyer to ask your ex's lawyer to send you some cheques since Support was already agreed upon and since it could take 6 months? Thats what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by TRG2010 View Post
      Hi Tug,

I did the FRO thing and all I was told is that it can take 6 months for them to call you and then you go from there. Have you asked your lawyer to ask your ex's lawyer to send you some cheques since Support was already agreed upon and since it could take 6 months? Thats what I did.

6 MONTHS........ That's just crazy!!!!!!! I have been so patient up to now but that's a bit rediculous. We stated payments to start may1/2010. So how are they going to work in the 6 months he hasn't been paying support and day care expenses? BULL!!!

Comment

he will have to pay retro!

Comment

It is a lot of rigmarole but I am setting up a direct monthly transfer from my ex's bank to mine. No FRO, but the tranfer will be automatic so I don't worry about getting cheques on time etc.

Comment

Your ex is still expected to pay regular on-time monthly payments until the FRO has everything up and running. If you are the recipient you should have received a package of paperwork at the court house at that time. Perhaps you should call either the FRO or the court house.

Comment

your ex should be submitting the FRO until the garnishement happens because by the time mine got set up it was 5 months after the agreement I was 3000is in arrears and then the were taking 50% of paycheck until got caught up. he can send them checks or transfer money from his account to them. He is not to submit to you directly

Comment

I don't think I can ask him to finally start paying now until it starts because we stated it was to start may1/2010. Or maybe I can ask him to pay me directly and then he can pay again in a few months....
                Ha, just kidding. That's not my game
                Funny thing is he's worried now about getting into trouble with fro and not paying me but this whole year and a half almost and not a penny was totally fine.... seriously

Comment

The FRO should be sending a package of Forms for completion. Additionally, the same package can be downloaded via their website. You could complete in advance and forward. It may save you some processing time.

Comment

Family Responsibility Office: Commonly used forms | Ministry of Community and Social Services

FRO Forms... See "Registration Package"

Comment

I have a suggestion that worked well for me. I printed off the forms from the website, filled them out, photocopied the temporary order and I made sure that the court file number was noted on the "intake" forms.
                      I faxed them over to FRO along with a letter stating that I was in a "rush" to have a case number set up.
                      It was not long after that (3 weeks) that I had a letter in the mail with my case number and PIN number and I had all that done...BEFORE the original intake package was received in the mail.
                      Just as a side note...anytime you need to call FRO...for anything...keep a notepad with your FRO file and mark down the date, time and ask the client representative for their number. You will get a case "owner" but you will never be allowed to speak with them, so this is the best way to keep track of when and if you ever experience issues with FRO.
                      The FRO process...is antiquated, underfunded and ridiculously monotomous and you need to be patient and friendly with them on the phone and with your communication. I beleive they have the ability to "flag" case files and seem not to be helpful with anyone that causes them grief.
                      Thats my two cents...
                      always work proactively with them and you will get better results.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. I hope to get a copy of the temp.court orders soon.

Comment

You have the ability to get a copy of the temporary order about 2 days after the action is signed. Your court file is available to you at the court office. All you have to do is go there and ask for a copy of the temporary order. They will probably photo copy it for you....
                          They are public files and access is simple as long as you have your court file number!

Comment

My lawyer actually did the writing for the temp orders- how anyone could read it is another question...lol but he did have his secretary type it out and sent a copy to me and ex lawyer to go over it before filing it back with the court.

Comment

You could also save some expense and visit the court clerk and receive copy of the support deduction order (SDO). Reasonable - Cost of a photocopy and perhaps parking.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X