This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating Game

Ex husband is dating. As an ex wife I have no problems with that. I am the one paying him support so I am venting only. I figured it's better here than at him.

Apparently he's going to the boat show in Toronto this weekend and is taking her along as well as paying for the plane fare for the two of them.

He spends all his weekends at her place.

I know I am court ordered to pay him support but boy it sure if difficult knowing it's my dime he's having a good time with.

Meanwhile I will have to move within the next 2 months I can no longer afford it here...rent is going up again...car insurance up again...health insurance plan up again. Speaking of insurance plan going up again I receive a letter from my plan informing me that he has to get a medical form filled out and I am responsible for the cost of his Dr. filling it out....sigh.............

Maybe on his next SS payment I should write in the box across from my name "For girlfriends sleepwear from La Senza? What do you all think? I swear no knows how quick a month goes by until they pay SS and that includes men and women.

Cheers :-)

Trust me, I know how you feel....

At least (from the sounds of it) consider yourself lucky you don't have to pay child support on top of spousal. At least spousal is tax deductible although I'm sure the government is working on screwing payors on that part too just like they did on child support.

Family Law is designed to punish the hard working spouse. Whatever happened to "old fashioned" values like everyone working hard for themselves. Make sure you learn your lesson and don't ever let emotions lead to financial devastation again ! STAY SINGLE !!!
    Last edited by shellshocked22; 01-17-2013, 05:40 PM.

Comment

That's sad. Having a good time on your dime while you can't afford your rent. I hope things get better for you.

Comment

Thank you Shell and Caranna,

I try not to be bitter as it only hurts me, after all he cannot see me or hear me. The day I turn 65 will be my salvation...no more SS and no more having him on my health plan. He will have to apply to the Trillium and he won't get half the drugs he does now.

I'm a survivor and I will get through this, I guess I was caught of guard and gave a knee jerk instant reaction. I'm going to sell my shotgun and my diamond and wedding rings, this will give me a bit more on hand cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorac View Post

I guess I was caught of guard and gave a knee jerk instant reaction.
          Lorac, I'm not sure what you mean about knee jerk reaction.

Yes, you are a survivor. I'm also in my 60's and consider myself one as well. It's a lot more difficult at our ages to make a new life, but the rewards are so very worth it, and I'm not talking about money here. But to not have enough to pay your rent is awful. Bet you can hardly wait to freedom 65!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorac View Post

Maybe on his next SS payment I should write in the box across from my name "For girlfriends sleepwear from La Senza? What do you all think?

Cheers :-)
            You are a detective right? How about something along the lines of "This sexy lingerie was purchased by his ex-wife. Enjoy Dick Tracy."

Comment

LOL. When my my mum was in her 60s she got a lot more action from widowers than I get now as a single dad. If you're in your 60s you're not over the hill at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mess View Post
                LOL. When my my mum was in her 60s she got a lot more action from widowers than I get now as a single dad. If you're in your 60s you're not over the hill at all!
                Mess, when I went to Florida on a business trip last fall, on my very first night there, I was propositioned by a hunky guy in his 30s. Then later a taxi driver, and a handsome and charming businessman who invited me to his penthouse. All without even trying or dressing like a skank. I never even went out to bars, etc.

Yuk to the guy in his 30s and the taxi driver. The handsome and charming business man was very, very tempting but I passed on them all. I'm still married, even though stbx is an a-hole and a jerk, but I'm "old-fashioned" enough to wait 'til the divorce.

P.S. Well, I did flirt a little bit with the handsome and charming businessman.

Come the morning and I'll wish I didn't post this. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post
                  Mess, when I went to Florida on a business trip last fall, on my very first night there, I was propositioned by a hunky guy in his 30s. Then later a taxi driver, and a handsome and charming businessman who invited me to his penthouse. All without even trying or dressing like a skank. I never even went out to bars, etc.

Yuk to the guy in his 30s and the taxi driver. The handsome and charming business man was very, very tempting but I passed on them all. I'm still married, even though stbx is an a-hole and a jerk, but I'm "old-fashioned" enough to wait 'til the divorce.

P.S. Well, I did flirt a little bit with the handsome and charming businessman.

Come the morning and I'll wish I didn't post this. lol.
                  Hotsuff, you come downtown and I'll show you a night out!!

Comment

Caranna: you GO girl!

Comment

I totally agree at 60 you're not over the hill. I just turned 63 on the 14th and I promised myself I would do everything I can to stay young at heart. I love to clown around, joke around, dance, laugh, giggle, and work hard. On the good news side, our Master Business License came in so that's one more thing out of the way. We won't know if we will qualify for an Agency License until the next 60-90 days. Everyone keep their fingers crossed. As far as I know we will be
                      the only "all female agency" around. I'm pumped, I'm excited and anxious to get this on the road, failure is not an option but it is a possibility hahahaha!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                        I knew there was more to the story.....awaiting the extended version
                        Oink you are so silly. There no more story. Nothing happened. Nada. Nihil.

Comment

Living alone: a testament to freedom or an erosion of society? - The Globe and Mail

Comment

^ Great Article ^ Thanks I enjoyed reading that and echo the sentiments of many of the people featured in the story.

I'd go with; it's a testament to freedom.
                            Last edited by hadenough; 01-22-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

This is a very interesting and helpful article.

"Still, Ms. Di Risio is divorced, and understands that a person can also feel infinitely more lonely while living with someone."

The above I can totally relate with. I was feeling lonelier with him than I do living alone.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X