Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do if, instead of breaking up with your ex, she had died? Then you'd HAVE to take the kids to the hospital with your dad and rearrange the volunteering, etc etc.

What we see is someone who says he wants to be the parent, that there is no CP or NCP distinction, but then turns around and behaves like a NCP, assuming that the ex will pick up the slack whenever having the kids would be an inconvenience to you. And then complaining when the ex treats you as someone who doesn't want to see your own kids.

If you have some sort of First Refusal, and are offering your ex the first chance to look after them when these other things crop up in your life, that's not coming across very well. What we are seeing, though, is someone who seems to be prioritizing other aspects of his life over his children, despite what you are saying.

I never liked the sucking and blowing metaphor, but certainly your actions are speaking louder than your words here. You are talking the talk but you are not walking the walk.

Comment

Thanks Rioe for your feedback.

Comment

OK everyone, I got your points, thanks. I am now unsubscribing from this thread. I've had enough 'perspective' to last me a while I must say. It's been more draining than I figured, way too much.

All the best to everyone here and your own particular situation.

I want to get through my parenting plan / separation agreement, and get out of Dodge.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X