Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ex wife sleeping full time with my 13 year old.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex wife sleeping full time with my 13 year old.

Hello

I’m very bothered by the idea that Ex wife is sleeping full time with my 13 year old. They live in a small apartment where they have other people occupying all the rooms and to make space for others my son sleeps full time with his mother. I asked a psychologist to talk to him and she confirmed it is true she claims there is nothing she can do about it unless there is sexual abuse but she did not believe there is. My son runs out of the room when I call him so he doesn’t get caught.
    I find this very disturbing and I am sure if it was a man sleeping full time with a 13 year old daughter that he would be locked up under the same circumstances even if there was no sexual abuse.

Please let me know if I am looking to far into this. Any advice is accepted.

Thank you in advance

1) Is your son bothered?

2) Is your wife sexually assaulting your son?

3) Does your wife have a history of not respecting boundaries, especially with children?

If the answer to all 3 is "no", then I don't see the problem. I would not see a problem if the genders were reversed either.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply and I appreciate a 3rd person point of view.

Comment

When I called the CAS about my children they said they want children to at least have their own bed and room. From your post it sounds like they don't have that.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
          When I called the CAS about my children they said they want children to at least have their own bed and room. From your post it sounds like they don't have that.

The argument will be Mom’s sleeping in the child’s room, not the other way around.

At 13 it won’t be too much longer before he wants his space. It’s going to become a non issue very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Berner_Faith View Post
            The argument will be Mom’s sleeping in the child’s room, not the other way around.

At 13 it won’t be too much longer before he wants his space. It’s going to become a non issue very soon
            The CAS local stated that this was not allowed.
            That being said each CAS is their own political entity/business.
            I would not take my word for this and call them, don't give your personal information unless you want to risk them sticking their head in.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
              The CAS local stated that this was not allowed.
              That being said each CAS is their own political entity/business.
              I would not take my word for this and call them, don't give your personal information unless you want to risk them sticking their head in.

I get what you’re saying but all mom has to say is she’ll sleep on the couch now. I had a cousin that was heavily involved with CAS (and he never should have been allowed to keep his girls but that’s another story)... he lived in a one bedroom apartment... so when the girls came they had the only room and he slept on the couch. So unlikely CAS will do anything if she agrees to sleep on the couch. I would just be careful with getting them involved if you’re not ready for the whole can of worms to be exposed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X