Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Divorce

Good morning..

My ex and I have a Separation Agreement in place. Both of us want to proceed with finalizing a divorce. My understanding is that a joint divorce is our best course of action.

In looking at form 8A, my confusion is with the details requested - for example, under Claims and what orders we are asking the Court to make. As we already have an agreement in place, we aren't seeking any additional orders or making any additional claims.

So, to clarify - under Claims - would I just select 00 Divorce in the first two boxes, choose Separation as the important facts supporting the claim and then just leave the box on the final page empty (well, with a line through the blank space)?

Also, we had lawyers for the initial agreement, but they are not assisting us with this. Do we still require them to fill out the certificate?

TIA for any help and advice!

we had lawyers for the initial agreement, but they are not assisting us with this. Do we still require them to fill out the certificate?
    No.

would I just select 00 Divorce in the first two boxes, choose Separation as the important facts supporting the claim and then just leave the box on the final page empty (well, with a line through the blank space)?
    Yes.

As we already have an agreement in place, we aren't seeking any additional orders or making any additional claims.
    You only need to enter anything here if you want parts of your agreement to be made into a court order.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X