Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shared Accomodation

Greetings All,
    I am a divorced dad ..49 years old with three kids. I am having a tough time making ends
    meet and was wondering if there are any dad's out there who know of any shared accommodation that would be kid friendly and quiet ..as I am older..
    I have searched kijiji for rooms or shared accomadation but can't seem to find a good fit.
    Thanks
    Bob

Shared Accomodation

Where are you located? If your anywhere near Toronto it’s a tough go currently in the rental market. And I think even tougher to find a roommate that would want to share with three kids.

You might be better off finding a place with an extra room first and then renting it out to a student.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kate331; 07-16-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Have you checked our if you qualify for subsidized housing? If you can't find any information on line perhaps talk to a social worker. Your local church can be a resource as well and they may be able to put you in touch with someone who is willing to rent out part of their home (senior)?

Also, let your kids know that their future isn't going to be a free ride. Your kids should be encouraged to think about how they are going to contribute to the household in the future. Even babysitting helps if it gives the kids pocket money.

If you have transportation see if there is a place where you can pick your own vegetables. Can be a fun activity for family and save you money.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X