Happy to have found this Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy to have found this Forum

So thankful to have found this forum. I have so many questions, trying to read through some of the threads to get some answers, before asking questions that may have already been answered. Mom here with 2 kids 3 & 7, separated almost 1 year now. Never married, common law. Court system is scaring me, but I unfortunately think its going that route. My heart is filled with hope with all the members here that have equal time with their children. I could sure use your help and guidance to get too where some of you are now.

Yes, divorce can be a horrible, scary time. What I found was that there was so little useful information out there. This forum is a goldmine of advice. Just go ahead and post your questions in the most appropriate forum.

Comment

This is a great a place with allot of great people

Comment

Does anyone worry here that their spouse/significant other is also on here or lurking on here?

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
          Does anyone worry here that their spouse/significant other is also on here or lurking on here?
          Usually, it's only the more reasonable people who find themselves here, needing help against an unreasonable ex. Unreasonable people believe they are right and don't seek out advice or do research nearly as much.

When unreasonable people come here, they are usually set right pretty quickly, or they leave in a huff because they don't hear what they want.

If two people are being reasonable, they probably can sort this out on their own without needing this forum.

So odds are, one ex of a couple is all you'll find here. I think we did have one influential member's unreasonable ex come here when she learned of the site, but it was just to whine and complain and basically showcase how unreasonable she was.

We don't tell people how to beat the system or their ex. We tell them what the system is like, what is fairest and what is best for the children. We would be telling two exes very similar things, so I don't think there would be any real advantage to an ex to lurk to try to find out what the member is going to do.

Comment

I worry about that. Therefore I never write where I am from or anything that is identifiable. Sometimes I want to come on here and vent about some of the crazy stuff that ex does, but since it is so off teh wall, if he was here he would know exactly it was about him. So I dont, just in case. I also find this place kind of sucks me in sometimes and i need to step away as it make me think aobut divorce all the time and that is not healthy.

Comment

Very well said Rioe

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
                I've often wondered that. No ex bashing here is the key. Throughout my ordeal I had many companions here bash my ex. But if you go through my threads, I did not once do that. I always maintained that I will always respect and promote her role in D6's life...and sought advice over the process. I wrote as if a judge may read it.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                  I've often wondered that. No ex bashing here is the key. Throughout my ordeal I had many companions here bash my ex. But if you go through my threads, I did not once do that. I always maintained that I will always respect and promote her role in D6's life...and sought advice over the process. I wrote as if a judge may read it.
                  I would happily bash your ex on here anytime LF32.... she absconded with your daughter while you were at work and then put your life through hell with false accusations.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X