Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 06-24-2014, 07:30 PM

OntarioDaddyMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
Here is what the law states.

You would have to file a motion asking for relief/damages I believe. They will most likely just order the disclosure... Although you might get costs.

Exactly. Hopefully they wont break your balls and wait till the last day to pony up the docs.

On a side note, Is it possible that "A" Lawyer can disclose minimal documents and later claim more documents came up after the disclosure?
Old 06-24-2014, 07:32 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

FB:
I don't see that argument as being relevant. Has nothing to do with D3. She's clearly not scared of you.

Not only is D3 not afraid (as if .. doesn't want to leave), Ex isn't either, inviting me to exchange spots, hugging my mom. Its a vicious game of custody/access and shes in charge.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:40 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingFather32 View Post
FB:
I don't see that argument as being relevant. Has nothing to do with D3. She's clearly not scared of you.

Not only is D3 not afraid (as if .. doesn't want to leave), Ex isn't either, inviting me to exchange spots, hugging my mom. Its a vicious game of custody/access and shes in charge.
I agree.

So sad that kids are treated as possessions and something to win, when really there are no winners.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:44 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Everyone claims that the courts are there to determine the childs best interests.

I'm not sure how any of this is in the kids best interest.

There has to be a way to expedite this kind of BS.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:45 PM

OntarioDaddyMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
FB:

Keep your head up.

Remember she is not your friend. Don't allow any of your family or friends to enable her behaviour. My ex tries that and gets put in her place quick by them. Not appropriate.

Tell your mom, next time she wants to say hi and hug you ask her why she is doing what she is doing to her son.? I will bet she wont want to hug your mom anymore. lol
Old 06-24-2014, 08:09 PM

paris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ms. _____ proposes that your access to _____ be on Thursdays from 2-3 p.m. as supervised by _____.

I replied:

This is to confirm Thursday's visit with ______ 12-3, supervised by ______.
Just wondering if you really did that? On purpose?

Good on you
Old 06-24-2014, 08:21 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

New digs...I like the it.

I see the Lawyer has finally widened his allegations. Hard to ride a one horse pony into Court (on drug allegation).

He's did the 1 hour for some purpose, why do that I don't know, LF32 isn't bouncing off the walls anymore. (or as hard)

Of course the 1 hour access lawyer offered , I can't see him adding that ridiculous letter to his Motion Reply, (of course LF32 is going too)

I agree with the free lawyer to make a very reasonable offer for access because Joint is going to be difficult and stapling the query of status of OCL to LF32's brief.

I agree the Rule 19 stuff is due on 26

I agree Form 20 is already overdue and rejected.

I think the CC judge said something about a motion and that Judge got an OCL involved....didn't he say if a clean drug test came through and something else about a motion?

I would also like to add (educate) on court brief writing:

- don't lead a Judge to "your conclusions", it's a big no no and Judges get irritated by it. Sentence words like:

I believe.....you must agree....I think....it's concluded....I feel...my spider senses....e.t.c

Just Facts...dates...times...exhibits

Second SPELL CHECK always

Third don't use big wording treat the brief like your writing a laymen
Old 06-24-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris View Post
Just wondering if you really did that? On purpose?

Good on you
Yes I did. He makes typos all the time. I have no idea if this was a typo or not. All I know is t said 2:00pm - 3:00pm. If she shows up at 1:00pm that'll be upsetting but what can I do until a motion. No hours stipulated in order. Thus, I could keep her all day supervised and be still on the right side of the law. Problem is I wont see her again until I bring ex to court.

Its a dirty game and nobody seems to care about the best interests of D3 but me. That's bothersome!
Old 06-24-2014, 08:33 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

Kudo's for learning "not to validate" his slander by replying to it....ignore it you did the right thing

don't let him build a case on anything by using you.

and that one hour ain't a typo...that letter was for you too "sell yourself out" by writing a angry rebuttal

just smile and say thank-you (that's more annoying than anything)
Old 06-24-2014, 08:35 PM

Mr. Toronto:

You know what? My heart skipped a beat for a second then I smiled. I know he wants me to sound defensive and write him a novel. I thought about you guys while writing the response I wrote. Im evolving. A few months ago I would have wrote with more emotion.
Im curious if I may actually be getting his stuff. He wouldn't blatantly acknowledge rule 19,ask me to send mine then not send his right? That's why the "yelling at ex" stuff coming up now? Because Im about to receive doc's on it?

Also, you think the last part of his e-mail was a "lawyer trick"? i.e -

"If you would prefer a different time on Thursday, let me know"

Okay ..since when has he asked me what time I'd like EVER?

Was this a trap so he could tell the judge "Hey, LF32 is saying he wants hours .. I asked if he wanted other hours ... he said 3 your honor".

Or perhaps to make sure he's telling the judge he's willing to work around my work schedule? Or was he just being flexible with their "1 hour"?

Either way... It's weird.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-24-2014 at 08:48 PM.

Tags
50/50, abduction, access, custody, false allegations