Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:10 AM

Acura is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDad View Post
I've been around these boards for many many years now and read literally HUNDREDS of these stories. Seriously, get the freaking recorder. We aren't suggesting it because we have stock in Panasonic.

Yeah, we all hope for the best. But you MUST be prepared for the worst.
Hammerdad, I will make sure I look for a Panasonic, not SONY, not JVC etc.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:30 AM

Acura is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBDad View Post
98% of the time you will settle this without a trial.

In 2% of cases you will go before a judge, have a trial and have a judge rule on it all.

The documentation is in case you wind up in that 2%...she can dispute it all you want. Document EVERYTHING. Doc's appts, dentist appts, Parent teacher stuff, ALL OF IT.

I realize the child is too young for parent teachers, but you get the idea.

If the kid had a checkup, or went to the dentist, you should have either receipts from that day, the appt. card, etc. that will also be used as proof you went.
Back to my original questions. Now it seems that I do have a good chance to get 50/50 custody for the little one. The most pressing issue is how she moves out and under what conditions. I don't want her to be forced out, and she won't herself unless she takes the child. This has been going on for quite some time and I don't think anyone can bear it any longer. So practically now what? What should I do or what should she do for next steps.

She wants to change to a day care that will be closer to where she works (and potentially to where her new home would be). But it will be a long way from my place, and if the girl goes to pre-school in that area, it will cause great trouble to me. How can we settle this dispute?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:09 AM

dadtotheend will become famous soon enoughdadtotheend will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkyface View Post
If there is any conflict/non-cooperation, you have a big danger of being painted as the problem (those overbearing, conrtrolling, dominating men!), and this is how she can justify sole custody to her.
Hey you forgot angry and bullying!!!
Closed Thread