Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:13 PM

kingstonmomof2 is on a distinguished road

I don't think Greatmum mentioned anything about cutting the parent out of the child's life. It would make sense that perhaps she meant she would recommend a different schedule. I do see where she is coming from. My kids come/go each Friday. I wouldn't want to do that two-three times per week either. Might be ok to get a parent used to having his child more often though!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:49 AM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatmum View Post
Not sure how old the child is, but sounds like a 2-2-3-3 or whatever means instability and living out of a suitcase. All children need stability.
I think if thi schedule you mentioned was permanant, that would qualify as 'stable'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Do you have any research to back up your claim?

Do you honestly think that children fare better when a parent is effectively cut out of their life?
kingstonmomoft2's post below is worth reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingstonmomof2 View Post
I don't think Greatmum mentioned anything about cutting the parent out of the child's life. It would make sense that perhaps she meant she would recommend a different schedule. I do see where she is coming from. My kids come/go each Friday. I wouldn't want to do that two-three times per week either. Might be ok to get a parent used to having his child more often though!
I can see the point you both make. There is a high frequency of transition using that method. But what works for you may not work for others. Breaking up the week like that is perfectly acceptable, and in some ways better for the child. At least in my humble opinion.

It is really not a workable solution, however, for high conflict parents.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:15 PM

jean2510 is on a distinguished road

hi everyone,good for u stressedmama that you are willing to cooperate and fix the time for the sake of your child.my exwife is very controlling woman,we have the 50 50 custody but she doesnt follow the schedule we are suppose to have my daughter,she keeps switching the date of 2 2 3 3,and she gets angry if she cant get her way of the date..we (my current wife and I) always begging to get the definite schedule so we could plan our own time in the future and she hold the day that that we are suppose to have my daughter so she can use a leverage if she will have a date to a bf.and everytime she(exwife) goes to her date she just want to drop my daughter in the house,and my current wife is the one who will look after and so my wife has to cancel her appointment ,I am working dad and I cant close everytime my small business because it will loose customer and that is our livelihood everytime she does that to look after my kid.and she wanted me to look after my daughter and not my wife..yet my wife is willing to look after and love my daughter same as our little one.my wife understood the situation of my life.my exwife also wanted to have extra money from me,she has more income than me she made more than 100k yearly.and I only made less 20k this year.and she is treatening me to sue and get lawyer for this.she is making my family unhappy,she doesnt even want our clothes we bought for my daughter,she doesnt like cheap good deal clothes,she wants a clothes with signature ,and if she bought expensive clothes for my daughter she wanted me to level on how she spend to my daughter.I cant do that,I have my other little girl also yet we dont spend so much as we have to save for the future education for both of them..I dont make so much money as she does.and she doesnt care if we are trying to be thrifty and tight of the money.pls help advise thanks..
Closed Thread

Tags
50/50, parenting schedule