• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you think this will play out

Background..and heads up..the ex has a behavior problem
    Cs 4155 and ss 6499

Numbers based on a guestimste of my income. Done in Feb 2019

My income is verified to be significantly lower for 2019. Then covid happened and my practice shut down and cash flow stopped fast. The report was provided just prior to covid.

I had no choice but to go into arrears 3k ss a month (42k to date) and actually owe my corporation 70k to maintain her pay and fighting against the alienation of my daughter.

2020 income is lower again and report provided.

Her now third lawyer cancelled questioning on me twice stating my financial disclosure is so good he has no questions.

In terms of child issues, we are dealing with alienation and she has told my daughter if love her I would pay her mom.

So based on my actual income, I have actually overpaid ss by 13k and cs by 14k...before any income is imputted to her. (She basically got rid of her rn liscence just before covid).

Other factors..nesting agreement had an accounting of monies, she spent everything we had and wrote 8k of checks to her mom. On that level she owes me 27k...all verified. She also stole everything out of the house and didn't even leave me with clothes or toys for the kids..so I had to refurnish a house.

We each got 65k advance froom sale of house, mine had to go to CRA bc she spent all thr money I would have had. She just got 65k..and likely nothing to show for it.
    Remaining is in trust and she owes me about 120k in equalization.

So here is the question...we got a letter from lawyer demanding I pay full arrears or he will bring a motion probably to get money from house.

How will this play out given we made.many attempts to address the issue but they ignored every request and truthfully I have overpaid and she ought to have income imputted to her (it's been 2.5 years since separation and she had made 0 attempts to work and I have kids Fridays to Mondays)

It's funny her lawyer lost a motion with some similar features in that maintaining the current amount will cause the payor hardship and when the recipient has to pay back she would be screwed.

I am hoping a stay of arrears and adjusting based on actual income with income imputted to her.

Thoughts?

Why don’t you file a motion to update and put all this in there?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X