This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passports for children

I am in the process of getting passports for my children (with the fathers consent). The applications were sent back because of two things. First, apparently since Oct. childrens passports must be sent with the long form birth certificates, and those I applied for last night so hopefully they should be in within the next week or two.

Second, the applications were denied because I had only provided the copy of the order made by the Judge, not the entire copy of the decision (and I printed it from the interent throught canlii). When I spoke to Passport Canada today I did get confirmation that I do in fact need a sealed copy of the order. I can get that but do I go directly to the court to do so, or do I get such a document from the lawyer? If I go to the court, do I give them advanced notice so they can have it done ahead of time or do I just drop in?

Once I receive the long form birth certificates I will need the court order in hand and go to the passport office since we are in crunch time here - passports were sent beginning of Dec. with the intent of travelling second week of February and I didn't expect a problem (the ex and I will actually be travelling together with the kids).

Any help to get this done in a fast efficient manner would be appreciated.
Our Divorce Forums
Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
Working...
X