• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
    *tiptoes in*

it's counsellor, not councillor.

*tiptoes back out*

I was going to say something but simply spelled it correctly in my post.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
      it's counsellor, not councillor.
      Fair point, spelling matters. I'm not going to go to my local politician for marriage advice.

Comment

Originally posted by rhender View Post
        I was hoping with my son being gifted, we could get coaches to write a letter that it is hurting his potential for professional sports and scholarships.
        Sports scholarships are a pipe dream.

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/10/13/thin...ink-again.html

Just 3.3 percent of high school seniors playing men's basketball will have roster positions on NCAA teams as freshmen—with or without scholarships, according to NCAA data. For women, the figure is 3.7 percent.The odds are almost as slim in men's soccer, football, and baseball. The chance of getting an athletic scholarship is even smaller, even for students whose parents can devote the hundreds of hours--and thousands of dollars--that high-level youth sports often require.

Put another way, the odds of landing a college scholarship in many major sports are lower than the chances of being admitted to Harvard, Yale, Princeton or Stanford.
        You are better off just saving the money for a real educational opportunity that you will have to pay for anyway.

Your kid has a better chance of being drawn in The Reaping after the apocalypse. "May the odds be forever in your favour."
        Last edited by Tayken; 09-24-2019, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Never Ends

There has been more drama the last few weeks. Dad caught my son (12 years old) looking up an evil stepmom video. My exÂ’s partner had my son call me up crying and she accused me of lying about another incident. Dad has told my oldest son that maybe he should live with mom twice. He also has been repeating that his partner is their mother. We have been fighting to say the least.

The kids are an emotional mess. Coaches and other parents have noticed and are concerned about them. My one son has come from school twice with anxiety. My other son didnÂ’t want to go to school because everyone wants to know why he is sad. My son asked to stay with me this weekend to get away from the stress at his dads house. Dad didnÂ’t respond to my text but picked him up early during the school hours. My son cried and had an emotional breakdown. He snuck his phone to call and text me frantically asking for help. They then took his phone away and he tried to run to my house. I eventually negotiated that he stay with me for a couple of days. My son is mad, hurt, confused and I donÂ’t know how to help him.

My lawyer is drafting a letter because the agreement is not being followed but these latest emotional changes have me very concerned for their mental health. They need to feel safe and secure. I am really trying to keep them out of it but my ex keeps putting them back in the middle.

What will the courts do when the kids are suffering? It breaks my heart. I am a good mom and canÂ’t believe this is our reality.

And my son had threatened to kill himself last year when fighting with my partnerÂ’s ex. I just canÂ’t ignore these problems - not about their mental health.

Comment

tell the kids to tell a teacher or some other person who has to report it to the proper authorities. Do not sit on this.

Comment

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
              tell the kids to tell a teacher or some other person who has to report it to the proper authorities. Do not sit on this.

Please please do this.

I’m so sorry your kids are going through this.

Comment

Turn of events

My ex called me after that incident and said my one son is to stay with me for a few weeks. He told my son in the car, said it was his fault and my fault, and then rushed away. My son is very hurt - he was crying so hard. He is only 12 and now separated from his dad and brother. They are accusing me of alienation which is completely not true - none of this was my decision. I always encourage their relationship but my son is having anxiety because my ex keeps telling him that if he doesn’t get along with his stepmom he is not allowed to live there. He was ready to go back to his dads after a couple of days and spend the following weekend with to make up time lost time but they completely changed their minds.

They seem to have no idea how to handle a tween/teenager. Instead of listening they make bad choices that damage the relationship and then blame everyone else.

I have no idea how to handle this mess.

Comment

Kids Help Phone is the best resource for the child. Provide them with the information.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X