This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Words of Caution Before Registering and Posting

What should I consider to help protect myself on Online Message Boards?

• DO NOT USE YOUR REAL NAME! Use an alias. An alias can be used instead of your real name when you post a message. An alias without any personally identifiable information is best. For example, instead of ‘tedjones1992london’, try something generic like ‘bluesky50’. **Do not use your real name or your email address** We do not have access to user accounts to change any personal information.

• Don’t post personal information. Message Boards are public forum, so any personal information posted online could be used by strangers (or ex spouses!) to identify you, your children, family or situation.

• Ignore. To suppress all messages from a specific person on Ottawa Divorce Forums , add the specific user to your ignore list in your control panel.

ODF Mods and admins generally do not delete threads by request as they often contain valuable information for other members. Please give serious consideration to the information you are posting as to whether you really want it out there *forever*; if it may identify you, your children, spouse or ex spouse in any way; if you may have a change of heart over posting it.

We do not delete threads over bad judgement on behalf of the poster and will edit threads for the purposes of removing any identifying information if necessary and brought to our attention. If you are concerned about your ex finding information you posted and using it against you, don`t post anything that can be used against you!

We do not monitor threads for information that should not be posted and it is incumbent on the individual users to use their discretion when posting about their situation.

But you will change and or delete things that you don't like or remove a users entire message history upon your sole discretion or mood....

Sarcasm is intended

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
      But you will change and or delete things that you don't like or remove a users entire message history upon your sole discretion or mood....

Sarcasm is intended
      That's true, Iceberg and Oink's threads had lots of useful information...Although some not so useful stuff as well unfortunately.

Comment

Unfortunately when posters go out of their way to get themselves banned, their posts go with them.

If you have an issue with moderation, feel free to take it up with the mods or admits via private message.

Comment

And thanks for that, Oink was soliciting people sexually as well. He was just gross.

Comment

I understand the moderator's position.

Comment

Great thread - thanks Blink!
              Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
                Unfortunately when posters go out of their way to get themselves banned, their posts go with them.

If you have an issue with moderation, feel free to take it up with the mods or admits via private message.
                I don't even get a message history......

Comment

Once.is.enough--

Perhaps a new registration is in order here? I have noticed that your replies are much more helpful and less antagonistic. It would be nice to have a solid reputation, wouldn't it? Just a thought...

-O

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                    That's true, Iceberg and Oink's threads had lots of useful information...Although some not so useful stuff as well unfortunately.
                    Think of it this way - Iceberg is still here to ask questions of, and Oink -- well, he is posting as FB_ on another divorce forum, so if you google search FB_ divorce, you should be able to ask him for his useful information again.
                    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                      Think of it this way - Iceberg is still here to ask questions of, and Oink -- well, he is posting as FB_ on another divorce forum, so if you google search FB_ divorce, you should be able to ask him for his useful information again.
                      So Oink/FWB is impersonating FB_ on another forum? That sounds shady.

Comment

Originally posted by Once.is.enough View Post
                        I don't even get a message history......
                        I'm not sure what you mean? I can see it.

You don't have a profile page - that is because of the periods in your username. Unfortunately, that is a bug of the forum software - you'll see it is true for anyone with punctuation in their user name.
                        Ottawa Divorce

Comment

What's that you say?

I'll have to do that..... Search that is

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                            What's that you say?

I'll have to do that..... Search that is
                            Oh - I didn't realize you were unaware.

Reminds me of Who's on first base? A classic - makes me laugh every single time, enjoy the link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbJwwJ33TEI
                            Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Oh - I didn't realize you were unaware.

Reminds me of Who's on first base? A classic - makes me laugh every single time, enjoy the link!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbJwwJ33TEI
                              No, I had no idea... I found it and that's very interesting

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X