X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MommyTime's Very Own Thread to Discuss Whatever She Wants

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
    Feel free to start a thread to discuss your opinions rather than hijacking the OP's thread on whether you should be trying to get he and the wife back together.

Let's stick to the actual financial questions asked in the financial forums in this thread about finances.
    Opinion? Don't be ridiculous. 24 years is nothing to scoff at as a mere financial matter. I answered the financial matter of the IP to the best of my ability through various posts. Consideration outside of that is also within the ETHICS of a lawyer's counsel in most provinces. It's moral.

Providing a greater view to the OP outside of the narrowed question may be to the benefit of a marriage.

Is there a problem with that? Should this not be a consideration OUTSIDE of the primary question, and ensuing ones?

I don't desire to be with anyone right now amidst my current legal battle, but I have not given up hope that marriage is something to deem as sacred. 24 yrs is a long time. That is a factor here.

Kindly stop following all of my posts tonight. It's kinda creepy.

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
    I think you need to consider that you are projecting onto him. He asked for financial advice. If you want to derail his thread into something that YOU think he needs, you will be called on it.
    It has only been an ethical suggestion that could be considered.

Comment

Is it everyone's intention on this board to support divorce / lawyers / court? WOW! I think some of us could do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by MommyTime View Post
        Is it everyone's intention on this board to support divorce / lawyers / court? WOW! I think some of us could do better than that.
        you miss the point..this is a forum dedicated to divorce. It isn't a relationship rescue type of forum. People looked and found this site due to the fact they were looking for information on divorce.

Comment

The questions being asked are questions specifically about the legality and steps to take. Your 'advice' has been completely unrelated to the actual questions being asked.

If you have an issue with me posting relevant information to the issues actually being asked about to the persons asking the questions, feel free to take it up with me by PM or with Jeff. I would ask that you refrain from hijacking every thread with your personal opinions and your arguments about why your posts are "valuable". You made your post, I made mine, allow the OP and others to focus on the actual topic at hand.
          As indicated, I provided both an answer to the OP's question as well as something beyond that is more psychological / emotional. The OP will decide based on what he desires, not what either of us have added to this tread (and that is allowed). Others will decide based on the politics of this board. Neither makes us wrong. There is no offence here. Get a grip.

Comment

Divorce comes with emotion. That is what's missing from this board.

Comment

Nope. Those looking for support do so in the dedicated forum for seeking emotional support:

Divorce Support - Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

You can do so as well, but hijacking every thread with your own personal arguments just isn't going to happen.

Regards,
              BlinkandImgone
              Ottawa Divorce Forum - Moderator.

Comment

Ah, the *politics* of the board's power. If a moderator disagrees with you to help another poster (potentially), then that thread will be cut off? WOW! Ridiculous to me. Let's us all get every poster to spend thousands of dollars in court instead. That's productive and painless!
                Last edited by MommyTime; 10-19-2014, 07:10 PM.

Comment

blinkamore, this is slanderous. Kindly stop your nonsense.

Comment

where is the slander????

Comment

Your board's power has been breached. I did nothing more than offer opinions that you personally did not agree with. Therefore you relegated my contributions, against the rules of this board, and set me apart. You have overstepped your boundaries if contributions cannot be tolerated. You've made this personal to you and nobody else. I did not troll nor did I instigate anything hostile by the OP's original question. I merely provided both emotional and legal perspectives. The emotion consideration is what you have trouble with and then chose, due to your board's power, to set me apart with a slanderous subject line. Kindly stop. Opinions on this board, outside of trolling, are welcome.
                      Last edited by MommyTime; 10-19-2014, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Ah, the *politics* of the board's power. If a moderator disagrees with you to help another poster (potentially), then that thread will be cut off? WOW! Ridiculous to me. Let's us all get every poster to spend thousands of dollars in court instead. That's productive and painless!
                        Again, if you have an issue with my posts or moderating, please PM either me or Jeff directly.

blinkamore, this is slanderous. Kindly stop your nonsense.
                        Um....yeah. Not even going to address that one.

Your board's power has been breached. I did nothing more than offer opinions that you personally did not agree with. Therefore you relegated my contributions, against the rules of this board, and set me apart. You have overstepped your boundaries if contributions cannot be tolerated. You've made this personal to you and nobody else.
                        Your "opinions" are hijacking other people's threads. Nothing personal in the slightest. The integrity of the forum and it's threads rely on keeping them on topic to the OP, not you. It's called housekeeping.

Again, if you have an issue with me, my posts or moderating, feel free to PM either me or Jeff directly.

Comment

It's obviously personal based on you. I have done nothing wrong to be thrust aside this way. I will state again, for the OP in that long-ago post, I provided answers to a variety of options.

Comment

I'm disheartened by the repositioning of all the posts in true time by this exchange. Kinda changes the perception, doesn't it? Nice!

Comment

Again, if you have an issue with my posts or moderating, please PM either me or Jeff directly.

Um....yeah. Not even going to address that one.

Your "opinions" are hijacking other people's threads. Nothing personal in the slightest. The integrity of the forum and it's threads rely on keeping them on topic to the OP, not you. It's called housekeeping.

Again, if you have an issue with me, my posts or moderating, feel free to PM either me or Jeff directly.
                              Why would I PM you? And Jeff has been nowhere on this board for a significantly long time. How do I take up an issue with you, with you? Again, ridiculous.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X