Divorce court is a corporation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce court is a corporation

Just finished viewing a documentary called ''Divorce Corp''. Quite an eye-opener, although this film concerns US laws and legislation, there's a lot that applies to our own court system.

Candid interviews with retired justices, high-octane lawyers and every day Joe's and Jane's who have lost it all through years of litigation.
    "The mistake that most people make is believing that our family courts are like social services - they're not, they're a corporation - to them our children are nothing more than little money bags to be fought over".
    Last edited by mcdreamy; 09-13-2014, 08:17 PM. Reason: eta: deleted unsecure link

One of the main problems with Family Law......LAWYERS..

When one is getting divorced it is highly emotional.

Lawyers pounce on this. They see the potential for profit and go for it. Why ever settle if the money trough is there.

Interesting case in the Toronto Star a bit back entitled "Breaking Bad" . The one family lawyer tried to continuously discredit the other spouse until finally the judge ended it. Who knows what the cost was.....

Sad...but there should be some regulations existing not letting them drag cases on endlessly.

Comment

I've been calling it the "family destruction industry" for years now. I haven't had the chance to see Divorce Corp yet, it's not on Canadian Netflicks lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingForFamily View Post
        I've been calling it the "family destruction industry" for years now. I haven't had the chance to see Divorce Corp yet, it's not on Canadian Netflicks lol.

FFF, If you can't find it, send me a PM and I'll point you in the right direction.

Comment

I've heard of this show.. Been meaning to look it up. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X