Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are clothing expenses part of child support?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes of course .. a good chunk of spending is fixed for each household and/or specific to each household, so any 'pooled pile of money' would be only for expenses not specific to the households e.g. clothing, allowance, transit pass, school supplies etc..
    Last edited by dinkyface; 11-29-2012, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I have a question on this.
      I only have an interm order and primary care since my ex lives out of province. It's joint.
      My sons dad visits and takes my son for vacations.
      I try to supply the basics but my experience in the past is that if I send some thing I don't get it back. Old and new items. If my son had new fitting jeans he would be returned with an old version that's sizes smaller. Basically doing a switcharoo.
      My ex was passing it on to his family members or just refusing to rt things.
      If I sent a DVD or toy, I wouldn't see it again.
      So I really limit.
      My ex doesn't let my son bring over anything including toys or clothing. And he started this practice right from the start.
      I have repeatedly asked for my ex to provide age and weather appropriate clothing.
      Of course I supply the basics but I can supply another house. I need the items returned. My son has limited items. How many jeans and sweats do u think I have?
      And it's been a concern in the past. It's embarrassing for my son and for me to have my son in that state.
      Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by roxyroller71 View Post
        I try to supply the basics but my experience in the past is that if I send some thing I don't get it back. Old and new items. If my son had new fitting jeans he would be returned with an old version that's sizes smaller. Basically doing a switcharoo.

If I sent a DVD or toy, I wouldn't see it again.
        Originally posted by roxyroller71 View Post
        I need the items returned. My son has limited items. How many jeans and sweats do u think I have?

Any thoughts?
        Send your son with Dad in the clothes that he came back from Dad's in and don't send toys and DVD's with him unless he brought them from Dad's.
        Last edited by firhill; 12-02-2012, 05:15 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X