OCL Consent Forms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL Consent Forms

My partner and his ex were going trough some access issues which was than ruled by the judge for his favour and received shared custody. OCL was requested prior to that, however meanwhile he received and endorsement which he is happy with. Does he still has to go along with the OCL investigation?

His ex partner wants too and he isn't. The original OCL was requested by him, before his ex was refusing to him having access. However now that he got what he seeked for, he doesn't want OCL to investigate.

The ex also is now looking for excuses for him not to have the children and harassing me instead with accusations. She seems to like drama.
    OCL wants me to sign consent forms and an investigation agreement which I have confirmed that only the parties (parents has to). I do refuse as I do not want my private life near my partners ex's hands. I refuse to deal with her. I did stay out and want out of this whole ordeal.
    Can they force me to sign any type of an agreement or consent forms?

Originally posted by Integrity07 View Post
    OCL wants me to sign consent forms and an investigation agreement which I have confirmed that only the parties (parents has to). I do refuse as I do not want my private life near my partners ex's hands. I refuse to deal with her. I did stay out and want out of this whole ordeal.

Can they force me to sign any type of an agreement or consent forms?
    1. You are not obligated by the court order to do anything. You are not a party to the case. It is between the parents. You are not making a claim for custody and access.

2. It would be advisable to meet with the OCL if they are indeed court ordered as it could assist your partner's case.

3. The only way out of the whole ordeal is to leave your current partner, end communications and move on and meet someone else not in this situation. Although you are not directly involved you are involved by simply being in a relationship with a parent in this situation.

4. The drama will only get worse. It won't get better. The OCL drives 99% of the files they are involved in into overdrive. If you want peace in your life you are going to have to find a way more peaceful situation.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

His ex is bringing a motion to court to force OCL to get me to sign consent forms without any evidence...her motives are malicious and absolutely ridiculous.
      Ex claiming, just because I am not wiling to sign blank forms that I am hiding something ( which isn't the case..I just simply want to stay far away from her and don't want her snooping around my private life!!!). She is harassing us non stop and makes false allegations, occusations etc.

My partner and his ex received a court endorsement recently and my partner won shared custody. Ex doesn't like it. OCL was notified that there is an endorsement , but ex wants to continue with an OCL investigation hoping she will win full custody.

We have had the children in our home 3 years in access every other weekend, holidays and summer vacations of two weeks. Only the ex had issues. I think she is extremely jolouse and very vindictive.

Comment

[QUOTE=Tayken;227896]1. You are not obligated by the court order to do anything. You are not a party to the case. It is between the parents. You are not making a claim for custody and access.

Tayken is correct. The ex can jump up and down, pull her hair out, stick her tongue out and pound her fist as much as she wants but no judge can force you to sign anything. Especially when you are not a party to this litigation. Even if you were a party in the litigation, they still can’t make you sign anything... whether to agree to a custody assessment, sale of the matrimonial home, permission for kids passport, etc.

I am currently the party in an acrimonious litigation and have been court ordered to do something in the past which the family court judge had no legal power to order that I do. So I told my lawyer to give the judge my regards with my middle finger ( he just told the judge I would only be complying with what I was legally obligated to do). Had it been a criminal court judge, the police could have enforced the order. The family court judge overstepped their area of authority and was shocked and powerless to make me comply as I had broken no laws, there was no warrant out for my arrest and his order was a blatant violation of my human rights.

Moral of the story. Know what they can and can not force you to do. If you are ignorant of the law a judge may try to slip in an unenforceable order like they did with me. Knowledge is power!

Know that your partner’s ex and any family court judge involved with their litigation has no power to force you to do anything. Be secure in this knowledge , sit back with a bowl of popcorn and watch her squirm. Can be extremely entertaining.

Comment

Awesome

Thank you Stillbreathing.
          Good for you

The funny thing is I myself went trough an OCL investigation with my case and my partner didn't had to sign anything.

The current OCL is trying to pull a fast on me I think because of the last OCL I was refuse to sign more documents which were irrelevant to my case. OCL still made the discloser report without.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X