X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written Child Support Agreement

Here is my story....
    I have a 5 year old child which I am court ordered to pay $320.00/month, I also have arrears tacked onto that because I could not prove my ex and I were living together for 2 years she claims she was single. Either way, my ex and I have a great relationship now. I have my daughter 60% plus of the time due to her work schedule and my wife is currently off on Mat. Leave so she takes care of her through out the day. I started the process to vary the exsiting court order from 2007, because of my ex's work schedule she was unable to respond to being served, and I agreed to push the court date back to give her some more time.

Recently my ex and I sat down to try and come to an agreement...which we did. $250.00/month to be paid to her, and 50% of all costs for our daughter. We agreed to make a written agreement and withdraw the current court order from FRO. I just want to ensure a written agreement will stand up in the courts if she has a change of mind 5+ years later, and will my arrears with FRO be dropped? Is there anything I should be aware of with a written agreement from both sides, I have her best intrest in mind also and want to make sure she is 100% covered if I fall behind in support etc.

Thanks,

You can certainly change any child support order, including an agreement to eliminate arrears, but it must be done properly and you both must consent.

This link generally explains the forms needed and how to do it:

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.o..._part_8_en.pdf

Also, when your three or four forms are done, you can have them checked at your court's Family Law Information Centre. The forms are online and easy to complete in MS Word.

I am at that stage myself in obtaining child support.

Good luck.

Ken

Comment

And for those that do not have the resources to obtain MS Word, same format of the forms will open with Open Office, which is a free download here:

OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X