Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:56 PM

rvalentines is on a distinguished road
Default Passport Renewal question

Hi,
I am in the middle of a divorce and custody battle. The ex-wife is requesting to sign a passport renewal form and she indicated "YES" to the below question.

"Is the child currently the subject of an adoption process or partially or fully in the care of a provincial or territorial family services organization in Canada?"

Anyone has any thought what it means? There was a CAS investigation but it closed. Right now I have alternating weekends with over-nights if that helps provide any context.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:35 PM

Helpmyspouse is on a distinguished road

She should not have answered yes. If the cas matter is closed then your children are definitely not in the care of family services organization. She just opened a can of worms for nothing.
Old 01-28-2020, 11:46 PM

rvalentines is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your quick response!

Yes - she's called about 4 times now and they keep re-opening and closing. She's trying to get a leg-up in family court. My kids keep being interviewed for no reason.
Ok, so thank you for the clarification! I'll let her lawyer know that it needs to be a "NO".

In case anyone is interested, this is the form:
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir...df/pptc192.pdf

Under Part 2.

Thanks again!