Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You once again do not get the point....so kindly refrain from responding since reading your trailer trash attitude is beneath me.....

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
    so now you resort to calling a person fat and commenting her ability to have an orgasm or not. First off bad form and second, how would you know she cannot have an orgasm?? That really doesn't help your argument.

The support system is flawed, I think that most of us can agree with that here. But here is a reality check for you. A guy goes out and starts having kids with a moves to b has a few more and then moves on etc. He knows what he is doing and he should support those kids. If he doesn't then who does? Duhh the taxpayers. People like me who made a CHOICE with my husband not to have kids. Why should my tax dollars go for the welfare, subsidized housing etc that some of this single moms may end up on because the father refuses to pay?? Why should I be punished?????

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHA! THis is awesome. I can't believe there are people out there so self-absorbed! This is the most enlightening post of the day! Keep going...PLEASE!!!!

Comment

I find it really interesting that when it comes to child support, it is the "mans child too" and if he doesn't want to pay up, he shoulda kept it "zipped up". Yet when it comes to the choices of abortion, having the baby, and custody issues it is "my child", according to these same women, and suddenly her choices and her child alone.

The women professing that "it is the mans child too" to get child support for life, are the ones who will not share custody of "their" child. These actions make it very clear, they don't want a father in their child's life, they want his wallet. If the father is absent, they will say he is scum and doesn't care. If he goes for "shared custody" he is scum cause he just wants to lower his Child Support Payments.

This hypocrisy is rampant in the divorce industry, and women swing back and forth as much as they want, as long as the out-come favors them.

Comment

got2bkid:

You are basing your opinions of all mothers on YOUR situation. I am a mother with 50/50 shared custody who pays him the net amount. He abused me, physically, emotionally, you name it. I could have called the cops, I could have taken him to court and got sole custody, child support, you name it and made his life hell, but I thought about the impact on all our lives and had mercy. I've given him the chance to assume responsibility for "his child" something he had not done. And guess what, HE DID!

Though I am sympathetic with the pain you must have from your divorce, there are people out there who choose the selfish route, whether it be in this situation, or any others in their lives. They exist everywhere, but they are not in the majority.

For whtever reason a woman chooses to keep the baby, the father has responsibilites. Yes, she might be choosing it to spite him, but I doubt most women would do that. You are a mother for the rest of your life and I think most people would recognized that spite is not a reason to choose that kind of commitment.

Think about it, her reactions to this guy are normal: he outright REFUSES and is putting up a hell of a fight to be responsible for his child. What kind of mother would she be if she let that go??? The MOTHER BEAR instinct is so strong and she is only protecting her child. It's not like he is actually going to negotiate something with her, he can even be reasonable!!

Comment

OMG...this thread is PRICELESS....

Midnight...dude....you are going to get worked and worked HARD, by all the parent's who fight tooth and nail for every moment with their children.

Having sex can spawn a child. This is something they teach in JUNIOR HIGH school. 2+2=4...I mean come on man, this is SIMPLE cause and effect here.

I could writes PAGES in response, but it's obvious that you do not care about anyone's opinion but your own.

Comment

Originally posted by #1StepMom View Post
              Depression, alcohol, drugs, and the list goes on. Only after several long and hard weeks of self reflection and guidance did he begin to snap out of his funk and begin looking at the positive aspects - he had a healthy baby boy who was 50% him; his flesh and blood. How can you not fall in love with your own child? It's a life changing event, whether you like it / planned it or not. :-)
              Amazing. You are a lucky woman. Not everyone does snap out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightvampyr View Post
                ...if the opportunity to profit from using a child as a pawn in a game of extortion is taken away, women will not be so promiscuous....this is not about whether to have sex or not, its a question as to whether someone has a choice to be a parent or not.....
                Please open your eyes to the fact that when you have sex, there is a chance you will become a parent. Sex and babies: the two are inextricably linked. You have a choice to have safe sex so you won't impregnate a woman, or you have the choice to risk it and end up in your situation.

Your problem is a result of your own actions. You can accept that, or you can waste energy placing blame on your ex, the government,family law, our country, god, whomever you please. But blame will NOT change your situation.

Your child is the most important thing here. Forget your ex, forget the blame, get over it, so that you can make something positive out of this situation for your own sake, and more importantly for your child's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by got2bkid View Post
                  I find it really interesting that when it comes to child support, it is the "mans child too" and if he doesn't want to pay up, he shoulda kept it "zipped up". Yet when it comes to the choices of abortion, having the baby, and custody issues it is "my child", according to these same women, and suddenly her choices and her child alone.
                  If men had to squeeze a baby out of their penis, they would have the choice as well.

I'm just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by singlemama View Post
                    If men had to squeeze a baby out of their penis, they would have the choice as well.

I'm just saying.
                    That's bs. A woman's choice does not arise from the hours they spend squeezing. It arises from the nine months before that and from other complicated ethical and moral issues that have been and will continue to be argued in perpetuity.

Comment

Originally posted by got2bkid View Post
                      You don't understand what the woman's right to choose is.

You have the right to choose whether to donate blood or not. You have the right to choose whether to donate a kidney or not. If someone was forcing you to do those things, you would be up in arms, and so would every man in the country.

The woman has a right to choose what happens to her body and her organs and her blood, just like you. Someone's life may be at stake, maybe even your innocent child, but the law doesn't make you get on the operating table. It doesn't make her do it either. She has a choice. We all do.

Comment

Originally posted by midnightvampyr View Post
                        Interesting argument but not very well thought out....if the opportunity to profit from using a child as a pawn in a game of extortion is taken away, women will not be so promiscuous....this is not about whether to have sex or not, its a question as to whether someone has a choice to be a parent or not.....
                        If thought about things for even a second, you might think that in previous eras where women had no choices, when they forced to carry babies secretly, sent away to sanitariums and forced to give them up for adoption, well, people still had sex, didn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by dadtotheend View Post
                          That's bs. A woman's choice does not arise from the hours they spend squeezing. It arises from the nine months before that and from other complicated ethical and moral issues that have been and will continue to be argued in perpetuity.
                          You're absolutely right. My point, which I failed to communicate, was that if it were a man's body, they would have the right to make the choice.

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
                            First off....... are you on drugs??? You're either incredibly high, or incredibly ignorant.

What part of keep your penis in your pants do you not understand? Did you happen to fail that Grade 9 sex ed course where they showed you how to put a condom on a bananna?

I don't care if your ex Brazilian Immigrant told you she was infertile.... YOU made the decision to ejaculate inside her vagina which led to insemination which led to a child.

A 50 cent rubber would have saved you 21 years of child support under these "draconian" and unfair laws....

But YOU were either too cheap, too drunk, or too stupid to exercise your "RIGHTS", and see what the end result would be from your carelessness.

You HAD the RIGHT to PROTECT YOURSELF... and YOU CHOSE NOT TO.... and now you want to blame society, politicians and women for your irresponsible actions.

"Child support should be tied into access"..... and why is that??? So that Deadbeat loosers like you can decide to abandon your children, whenever you feel like it....

ONLY because you are so selfish and don't want to pay money to feed, clothe and shelter them?

Your arguments are ludicrous and you desperately want to find other irrational idiots who will agree with you....

Thankfully, the majority of intelligent people in this country, myself included, value human life over money, and will never concede to your nonesense.

Your preposterous statements are however, very entertaining... please feel free to continue to voice your neanderthal opinions...... I could use a chuckle.
                            HAHAHAHAAHA you gave me a stomachache.
                            And just for the thread starter i was married and never wanted to continue with the second prenancy.But my hubby wanted it and we had a boy.Leaving me pregnant at home he started sleeping with his co worker(whom he used to call a slut).Not to mention i walked out and he left his 70,000 jobIn other words he is not/littly supportig his kids.To top up within 3 years of separation he already have twomore with that so called slut.And I am glad he is not allowed to exercise his rights ...lol

Comment

I agree that upon conception, men are from that point on powerless as to whether to abort the child or not.

Midnight, I would like to empathize, because that doesn't quite suit me well either. However at this point, the arguement that supercedes all others is that it is within the womans body. Therefore, it is the womans body. She may do as she pleases within the law to her own body. You cannot command her to. So it may seem unfair, as there is no other 'opt-out' for men. You should try argueing your point from a different tact. Quite frankly, in today's society of womens lib and what-not, you will get nowhere with this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by sufferer View Post
                                HAHAHAHAAHA you gave me a stomachache.
                                And just for the thread starter i was married and never wanted to continue with the second prenancy.But my hubby wanted it and we had a boy.Leaving me pregnant at home he started sleeping with his co worker(whom he used to call a slut).Not to mention i walked out and he left his 70,000 jobIn other words he is not/littly supportig his kids.To top up within 3 years of separation he already have twomore with that so called slut.And I am glad he is not allowed to exercise his rights ...lol

Wow....just...wow. He didn't 'leave you pregnant at home', you made the choice to stay - both pregnant and at home. Just like he had no right to tell his new partner not to continue the pregnancies, he had no right to tell you you had to.

I certainly don't agree with or support the original poster in this thread but I gather it's statements like "And I am glad he is not allowed to exercise his rights ...lol" that fuel that fire.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X