No announcement yet.

Can I serve my ex when they have a lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are you here? Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about and if you just came here to bad mouth people maybe you should just leave. I sure hope you didn't come here for advice because no one is going to be willing to help you with the attitude you have.

Do you know how many WOMEN are on this site? Including myself, that have found LOADS of advice that are not offered by lawyers... you are the one who needs to get a life and if this site isn't for you...leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Krysia View Post
      I am just happy they have sites like this, like I said my husband listened to idiots like you and it cost him dearly. Keep up the good work. It is sites like this that help us women.
      And men!

I was well on the path to being the vengeful ex before I found this site, and now my kids enjoy a happy healthy relationship with their dad despite the anger I harbour. Thanks again, everybody!

And can I get a hurrah for WorkingDad?

This site, more than anything else I've stumbled across with regards to divorce, makes it clear that divorce is not men vs women. It's reasonable person vs idiot ex in a war fueled on by the lawyers they are paying!

Anyways, let's keep on topic for poor BillM.

Comment

Feel sorry for you. You need help and lots of it

Comment

Can we all agree to ignore this troll - after you report her?

Comment

Originally posted by torontonian View Post
            Can we all agree to ignore this troll - after you report her?
            sounds good to me. Obviously either a vengenful ex who got screwed by a self rep ex or a kid with too much time on their hands.

Comment

Feel sorry for you. You need help and lots of it
              Well the silver lining for your ex is that he is rid of you.

Now if only we could be so lucky.

Comment

... he now drives a Volkswagen instead of the Mercedes...[by the way I am driving the Mercedes now] ...<O</O
                I'm sure your ex had the last laugh. He's probably ecstatic driving a VW in exchange for you !

Thank you for posting on the site and giving us all a laugh to start 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by billm View Post
                  Well the silver lining for your ex is that he is rid of you.

Now if only we could be so lucky.

Sounds like someone has a bit of a personal beef she wants to offload here and she's picked Bill.

Comment

I filed my Form 10 reply, and served my ex.

She has a lawyer, but I served the document to her.

Is that valid?
                    Just bumping my post.

It seems to me that according to Rule 6(3)(a)(i) I can serve the document to my ex even if she has a lawyer.

Courts of Justice Act - O. Reg. 114/99

Comment

Just bumping my post.

It seems to me that according to Rule 6(3)(a)(i) I can serve the document to my ex even if she has a lawyer.

Courts of Justice Act - O. Reg. 114/99
                      However, it is said that if they have a lawyer, the court 'frowns upon' serving the client. So I suppose best to avoid it.

Anyway for regular service, you can just fax it - cool! I've heard there's this new thing called EMAIL, I can't wait for that to come along...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X