Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to prove I have the most recent Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to prove I have the most recent Order?

I went to the police freedom of information office to get information about a criminal case where my son was the victim. They advised me to bring copies of my court orders showing that I had custody and photo id.

When I got there they rejected my request because my court order was "too old"; it's from February 2017. They said they couldn't be certain that there weren't newer orders with a different arrangement for custody.

Is there a way to get something from the courthouse or somewhere else that states that my document is the most recent order on file?

Thank you

You need a letter from the court clerk that states it is the most recent order issued.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
      You need a letter from the court clerk that states it is the most recent order issued.

Thanks Tayken! Is that something you can just line up at the court house to get?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
        Thanks Tayken! Is that something you can just line up at the court house to get?
        Yes. Just go to the courthouse and talk to a clerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
          When I got there they rejected my request because my court order was "too old"; it's from February 2017. They said they couldn't be certain that there weren't newer orders with a different arrangement for custody.

That's pretty anal of them.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X