Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM

Martin Onza is on a distinguished road
Default Quick question..Can you get divorced rather than go through a seperation?

I've heard mixed stories about this. I know some people agreed on a divorce adn voila it was done with, while others do seperation...so I'm curious.

Thanks.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Onza View Post
I've heard mixed stories about this. I know some people agreed on a divorce adn voila it was done with, while others do seperation...so I'm curious.

Thanks.
There are special circumstances where a divorce can be granted before the 1 year separation. Rarely if ever done because things take forever to get through family court.

Why do you care really? You can sever the issues from the divorce but, generally, the only reason you get a divorce is to get re-married.

I highly recommend you read the publicly available materials form the government on the laws, Rules and regulations regarding family separation. Or in the alternative. Retain counsel.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Closed Thread