No announcement yet.

Financial statement required with 15B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial statement required with 15B?

I'm helping someone who was served a 15A Motion to Change.

They tried to file a Form 15B Response to Motion to Change and were told by the clerk a financial statement was required if the party making the motion filed one, and they would not accept the filings without one.

This is a response to an attempt to alter CS only, which I thought were not dependent on the support recipients income and/or financial position. Do they have to file the financial statement? .

I really don't understand the need for it, I must be missing something. Why should be CS recipient divulge their financial position, especially to someone who's declared bankruptcy before and looks to be headed for it again!

an attempt to alter CS only
    Does this include s.7 expenses? If yes - financial statement required under the rules. The only time it is not is if the only claim you are making is for guideline periodic child support.

However:

Do they have to file the financial statement?
    Yes, otherwise they can't file their documents. Why not? Because the clerk said so.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X