Shooters on Parliament Hill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooters on Parliament Hill

I'm listening to CBC radio now, it appears nothing is really known at this moment except that one soldier is badly wounded, and one shooter is dead.

As this story unfolds, and given the Quebec car run-down, I certainly hope that our soldiers aren't being targeted.
    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
    I'm listening to CBC radio now, it appears nothing is really known at this moment except that one soldier is badly wounded, and one shooter is dead.

As this story unfolds, and given the Quebec car run-down, I certainly hope that our soldiers aren't being targeted.
    It would appear so, very sad to say.

I went to uni in Ottawa, very active in politics and worked for a time on the hill. Very scary stuff.

Jason Kenney tweats that the soldier is dead, DND has not contradicted that.

Comment

Ottawa shooting: Canadian soldier killed is a reservist from Hamilton - Latest Hamilton news - CBC Hamilton

My heart goes out to his family ....

Comment

I work next to parliament hill and it's been a very difficult day. It feels both real and unreal. I am extremely proud of the security response, especially the sergeant at arms in the commons who is a hero today.

The attacked was shot dead extremely quickly after entering the building by the sergeant at arms, before anyone else could be hurt. There was no breech and no failure of the security at parliament hill. The attacked died in the front hall of the building.
        Last edited by FightingForFamily; 10-22-2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Hope they trace back the killer's known associates and family members and they are ALL punted out of the country. Enough of being politically correct - we have to keep these extremists out of the country IMO.

Comment

Sadly, it seems they were born here and radicalized. Not sure where they'd send them to.

Comment

I'm pretty proud of the response as well, FFF. I see we have a new hero - Sgt. at Arms Vickers.

I'm still heartbroken for another young soldier. I was well aware this fight was coming into our homes sooner or later- it just had to, with our country's stance against ISIL (which I fully support), but I had hoped it would be later.
              Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

I am not sure it came here with our stance against ISIL. As we learn more about the gunmen it appears that it may be a more isolated than coordinated attack.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X