Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common law separation advice and experience

hi
    I've been in a common law relationship for 5 years in ontario, have a 4 year old daughter. Unfortunately the relationship is not working and we will have to separate.

I have talked to my spouse and she seems ok with 50/50 custody of our child.

She has not contributed to any bill/mortgage/taxes/expenses on the house that i own (i owned the house before we got together) etc. she has purchased the groceries, most of the child clothes, and payed for daycare (costing ~4000 total...my parents watched her most of the time)

There is approximately 30000 dollars difference in incomes (I have the higher income)...when i look at the table and difference in incomes...it looks as though i will need to pay her ~250 dollars a month.

we both have good work benefits.

Does this seem correct? Are there other claims and expenses I'm not taking into consideration?

Sorry I'm just beginning the process and it seems overwhelming

it seems that is the CS?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X