Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What get imputed from Self employed income?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What get imputed from Self employed income?

Hi there,
    A different topic,

what examples of things gets imputed on self employed income?

Laptop?
    Car?
    internet at home?
    blackberry?
    trips to conferences?
    what else?
    my Ex is a "sales person" with an office and works a lot from home.
    All I have is her income tax return that does not break dow n things. For exaqmple Telecommunications (which I assume includes cell phone, data, long distance etc.)

What information can I ask from her so that I can find these amounts?

Is it 50% or %100 imputed?

Thanks.

The term imputed income means she has a "potential" of income that can be proven based on prior year T1A incomes and or other proof. It is noteasy to get a ruling of imputed income. My husband and I are going to be attempting it as well. Research her career field and statistics of what people in her position earn. There are lots of Job market research websites available.

Comment

Hi Step mom,
      Along with your use of imputed, ther is another process which involves adding back desuctions that although are valid for income tax purposes are not valid for family law purposes for figuring out income. Usually has to do if the person gets any personal benift from it.

I'm looking for examples, what documents I can ask the the ex for and percentages.

Comment

I belive you can request receipts, and bank statements

Comment

Thanks stepmom78.

I think I may have posted this in the wronge section, maybe it need to be moved to financial?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X