• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Family Wizard

Anyone use this app? Opinions?

Originally posted by Karver View Post
    Anyone use this app? Opinions?
    I do. I am not 100% happy with that (search and messages print out kind of sucks when you have over 3k messages) but it mostly does it's job. Recently added push notification on android app which also nice.

But you obviously better to look what is new around there and make sure to check what is their disclosure and records retention policies.

WD

Comment

I did use it and it was useless in my case. My ex was even ordered to sign up for it and never did and was not held accountable for not following it (among many others). I thought it was a good tool, but both parties have to be on board to use it.

Comment

It is a scam, but lucrative. Just use regular email and google calendar. If people willing to cooperate at least minimally, they will work perfectly, if not, then no tool will make them cooperate.

(the judge ordered us to use it too to the suggestion of my ex's lawyer. (I suspect they get a referral fee) When I saw it cost $100 per year per person, I convinced my ex not to use that garbage, and instead spend the $2000 on our daughter that thing would have cost over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by BitHunter View Post
          It is a scam, but lucrative. Just use regular email and google calendar. If people willing to cooperate at least minimally, they will work perfectly, if not, then no tool will make them cooperate.

(the judge ordered us to use it too to the suggestion of my ex's lawyer. (I suspect they get a referral fee) When I saw it cost $100 per year per person, I convinced my ex not to use that garbage, and instead spend the $2000 on our daughter that thing would have cost over the years.
          people who can cooperate do not go to court. there is nothing scam about OFW. Good luck proving that other side read email and when exactly using regular email.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingDAD View Post
            people who can cooperate do not go to court. there is nothing scam about OFW. Good luck proving that other side read email and when exactly using regular email.

I use "readnotify.com" for confirmation of read e-mails.

I still like the sounds of OFW though. From what I've heard it even has a "tone meter". That's phenomenal. lol

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
              I use "readnotify.com" for confirmation of read e-mails.

I still like the sounds of OFW though. From what I've heard it even has a "tone meter". That's phenomenal. lol
              it does. Will cost you extra $10. in my case without disclosure from OFW (600 pages of logs) I would have much harder time to prove who was home at specific time behind computer and send emails.

I'm my case OFW disclosure allows me to show to the court that person just logged and open pages without sending anything... So you never know...

Comment

it does. Will cost you extra $10. in my case without disclosure from OFW (600 pages of logs) I would have much harder time to prove who was home at specific time behind computer and send emails.

I'm my case OFW disclosure allows me to show to the court that person just logged and open pages without sending anything... So you never know...

Hmm .. I like the that. Can illustrate purposeful avoidance to correspondence. That's a powerful feature indeed. "Your honor, she logged in 12 times that day .. she has no excuse for not responding". I didn't know it tracked login's as well.... I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                  Hmm .. I like the that. Can illustrate purposeful avoidance to correspondence. That's a powerful feature indeed. "Your honor, she logged in 12 times that day .. she has no excuse for not responding". I didn't know it tracked login's as well.... I like it.
                  actually now you can get sign-in history without even disclosure order just from web. but it going to be only times and no ip addresses for other side sign-in.

+ recently they added push notifications.

OFW is no way perfect and I have number of issues with that but nothing is...

Comment

...in my case without disclosure from OFW (600 pages of logs) I would have much harder time to prove who was home at specific time behind computer and send emails...
                    WorkingDad... for your records, to present in court, did you have to follow any of this, or the fee guidelines set there?

https://www.ourfamilywizard.com/subpoenas

Or did you just print your own records from the site, and they were accepted for your use in court?

Comment

Originally posted by dad2bandm View Post
                      WorkingDad... for your records, to present in court, did you have to follow any of this, or the fee guidelines set there?

https://www.ourfamilywizard.com/subpoenas

Or did you just print your own records from the site, and they were accepted for your use in court?
                      It was done through a disclosure order. It contained the IP addresses and timestamps for messages sent as well as logins to the service.

Comment

I use it as well, as ex refuses to use regular email for whatever reason. It's clunky, but does an ok job. I do like the login and read times tamps. Android app is good enough.

Calendar and expenses functionality are super clunky.

You also have the ability to give lawyers access, with mutual consent. We don't do that, and I'm not sure lawyers would want to have that access.

Used to use didtheyreadit dot com and it was useless.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X