No announcement yet.

Newborn, CAS and grandparents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something made me come back and reflect on this thread I started just over a year ago...

Now I'd like to share an update. My granddaughter is now 14 months old. She is beautiful and smart and funny, loves to dance, and is a joy to have around. When she was 5 months old, her Mommy woke up one day, postpartum gone, and suddenly took on the child caring role as if she'd been doing it all along. They have moved to a much larger house and it's still a mess, but I've resigned myself to that. I grew up in house that was always a mess.

The cat died last month. My son was totally broken... a reminder that your kids never really stop falling down. We've buried him here in our back yard.

A week ago another child was born... a grandson... healthy and adorable. No postpartum for Mom thankfully. I don't think they planned on another baby quite so soon, but my husband said its my fault for taking the first baby every Friday night

Today they were in court to deal with the Mom's now 4 year old that's been in foster care. This child was returned to their custody today. She's a sweet girl and we have welcomed her as our own grandchild.

I hope for only good things for them as a family, and worry less.

Comment

nice to see that things have turned out for the best so far. Looks like both parents stepped up to the plate.
      Sorry to hear about the poor kitty.

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
        Something made me come back and reflect on this thread I started just over a year ago...

Now I'd like to share an update. My granddaughter is now 14 months old. She is beautiful and smart and funny, loves to dance, and is a joy to have around. When she was 5 months old, her Mommy woke up one day, postpartum gone, and suddenly took on the child caring role as if she'd been doing it all along. They have moved to a much larger house and it's still a mess, but I've resigned myself to that. I grew up in house that was always a mess.

The cat died last month. My son was totally broken... a reminder that your kids never really stop falling down. We've buried him here in our back yard.

A week ago another child was born... a grandson... healthy and adorable. No postpartum for Mom thankfully. I don't think they planned on another baby quite so soon, but my husband said its my fault for taking the first baby every Friday night

Today they were in court to deal with the Mom's now 4 year old that's been in foster care. This child was returned to their custody today. She's a sweet girl and we have welcomed her as our own grandchild.

I hope for only good things for them as a family, and worry less.
        I don't post much, but read often, and I couldn't stop myself from commenting here.
        This is a WONDERFUL update.
        I'm very happy these parents have stepped up, and things sound like they are going so well.
        Congratulations on becoming a grandparent again paris!

Comment

By reading this you've literally just made my day better.

Comment

That's great news! PPD can be an utter bitch.

Thanks for the update; it's so rare that people come back with such excellent news!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X