This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postpartum Depression - Canadian Research

Living in a big city raises postpartum depression risk: Canada study | National Post

TORONTO — New mothers living in big cities in Canada have a higher risk of postpartum depression than women in less populated areas of the country, a study has found.
    The Study:

Relation between place of residence and postpartum depression

Relation between place of residence and postpartum depression

Simone N. Vigod, Lesley A. Tarasoff, Barbara Bryja, Cindy-Lee Dennis, Mark H. Yudin, Lori E. Ross

Something to consider:

Depression and Divorce
    How does depression affect marriage and relationships?

Depression and Divorce: How Depression Affects Marriage and Relationships

Other times, the depression might continue or reoccur several times. Having a history of depression makes it more likely to have another episode, says Clayton. "With the first depression, we can usually link it to some event," she says, such as job loss, or a serious medical problem. "We can identify a trigger."
    Interesting to see if anyone has any statistics on the incidents of divorce after a diagnosis of post-partum depression. I have been seeking out relevant studies in this area.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Tayken, I didn't see any stats about PPD and Divorce, but came across an interesting item that tells of men also suffering from PPD:

Men's Health: Dads Also Suffer from Postpartum Depression

Comment

Postpartum Depression's Impact On Marriages & Divorce - Postpartum Progress

Katherine Stone whom runs the "blog" Postpartum Depression alledges:

Did you know that the first year postpartum has the highest divorce rate than any other time during a marriage?
      But, fails to cite the source of the "evidence" that she is relying upon to make this statement. Which is typical of the social media "blogging" world generally I find.

A follow up "blog" posting from Kate Kripke which again, is mostly composed of Kate Kripke's personal opinion and cites no source to the opinions.

When Postpartum Depression Leads To Divorce

Does shed some insight into the area but, it seems to be understudied by the health care community.

Good Luck!
      Tayken

Comment

My ex had a history of depression, and after the birth of our child (with autism) and our failure to have any more children (infertility) lapsed into depression. She refused to seek help, instead directed me to hide her problems from everyone especially her family, and eventually embarked on the most demented way to divorce someone I've ever heard of.

Pretty sure she's still in that happy place, judging from the garbage she puts in her e-mails.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X