Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now telling me I can't come to the house?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very amusing thread but I guess I'm not quite sure what all the fuss from the OP is about. So there's an ashtray with cigarette butts on a porch...big deal...

To the OP... First off...obviously I can't see the house but it but it seems kind of an odd play area for a small child. I rarely put my car-seat aged baby on the front porch to play...but w/e. Secondly, and my main question, however would be how do you know that the ashtray isn't moved or the baby isn't shifted away when it is playing there? Unless you're watching them (or stalking them..which would explain the sudden shift of them not wanting you near the house)...how do you even know this is a danger at all? Unless there's more to the story regarding your interference in her life.

I don't smoke but when my kids were small, I kept cleaning products...or tools..or whatever all over my house where the kids might play. When they actually played there, I simply moved things or would tell them not to touch that or move them away. I was never a big fan of all those safety latches all over the cupboards. I don't get people who freak out about silly things like this...you can't raise kids in a hamster ball. Personally, I preferred to "train" my children what was ok and not ok to touch.

By the way, babies put all types of crap in their mouths. If your ex is fretting about popcorn kernels on the floor...she's a fruitloop and next time, point to the vacuum and tell her if she's so worried about it...to get on her french maid outfit and get to work.

Here's a life lesson for you. There are things IN your control...and things OUT of your control. People who want quality of life..and not unnecessary noise...concentrate on the things IN their control.

These types of things are not IN your control...which is what all these fine people are trying to explain to you....and you are wasting your time and energy. More importantly you are causing yourself long-term harm for short-term gain.

You had a child with this woman and she raises it the majority of the time so you can assume some level of competency and back-off. She obviously isn't interested in your opinion.

My biggest piece of advice...keep your junk under wraps before you have a 3rd baby momma because you can't see the forest for the trees. This whole thread is showing you to be extremely high strung over a very small issue. Your outrage is highly ridiculous.

I could post articles showing that almost everything in your home is dangerous to a small child...unless she and her mother are flicking lit cigarette butts at the kid's head while she's trying to play blocks...you have no cause for this level of intrusiveness. Stop it and let this woman decide how to parent when the child is in her care....you worry about you.
    Last edited by Pursuinghappiness; 05-23-2012, 11:02 AM. Reason: lol..i typed "asstray"

Comment

• (By the way, here's what I think the real story is...

This guy has a history of interference.

The baby's grandmother smokes on the front porch to avoid smoking in the house..hence the butts on the porch...which probably isn't a place where the small baby even plays.

He walks up for his visitation...she's mad about previous interference or w/e other issue (sure this isn't the first time he's taken pictures with his cellphone)...and has a blow up. In retaliation because she's fighting back, he tells her to get the butts off the porch. She reacts by telling him to f off because of his overt intrusiveness and because its her front porch. She also tells him to stay away from the house from now on.

He can't control the situation and is angry because he has a high conflict personality-type and needs to be right....so he posts here expecting to get some validation on his side about the terrible cigarette butts near a small baby. Of course, he doesn't get what he wants here either hence the righteously indignant act.

My 2 cents...lol)

Comment

• Lol PH, missed you!

You have such a unique way with words and telling it like it IS. Alas, the OP has reportedly left this forum full of "lunatics and bullies" for one in which gives him words of encouragement and warm bursts of sunshine up his butt. He'll be back, is what I'm thinking.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X