Lawyers request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyers request

My Ex decided to hire a new lawyer. Her new lawyer wrote my lawyer asking for any documentation she may have since there not able to get a complete file from the courts because of COVID. I know she may get her file from her old lawyer. I’m guessing she still owes a lot of money to her old lawyer and as such she won’t release it.
    This will cost me a lot of money for my lawyer to go through everything and then send It to them.
    My question is should we just say we don’t have it. It shouldn’t be my problem.

You could tell them how much it will cost to send it and that your lawyer wants the payment up front. Otherwise no you will not be providing anything for free.

Technically your ex should have copies of everything provided by their lawyer. My husband has copies of his file as sent by his lawyer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Rockscan,

I agree she should have copies of everything we have exchanged over the last 10 years. However, by the looks of it she has nothing to give her new lawyer. My lawyer advised me to not send anything. They will need to figure out where to get all the files of the last ten years

Comment

Thanks Rockscan,

Comment

Originally posted by OB1 View Post
          Thanks Rockscan,

I agree she should have copies of everything we have exchanged over the last 10 years. However, by the looks of it she has nothing to give her new lawyer. My lawyer advised me to not send anything. They will need to figure out where to get all the files of the last ten years

Jesus ten years? Yes she can get her own shit and her lawyer can fire her lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It has been 10 years! (mine will go that too so....)
            If she is the difficult one then tell her she is on her own. If you are and want to provide mercy then let your lawyer do it for an upfront fee.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X