Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Max22258 Max22258 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: hawksbury
Posts: 169
Max22258 is on a distinguished road

there is a nuance as this is a separation and one has chosen to moved out, of course the house belong to both but he will not be held accountable for changing the lock. The proper course of action would be to settle this throught the court while imposing a restraining order against the other party to restrict access to the property until it is settle. Most of the time this is settle by buying back your half but having the other one come in as they please I will say that this is not as legal as you think and harrasment may be file.
Closed Thread

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
changing locks standing on the sidelines Divorce & Family Law 9 07-16-2011 10:35 AM
can i change locks scaredunsure Divorce & Family Law 13 08-13-2009 09:40 AM
Changing Lawyers thistoshallpass Divorce & Family Law 4 07-19-2009 01:50 AM
How to stop ex changing child’s name? small potatoes Parenting Issues 17 04-07-2006 03:37 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 AM.