X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Examples of separation agreements

Hi there...

Can anybody point me towards some places where I could locate some examples of separation agreements? My ex and I are willing to draw one up on our own and have it notarized once we are in agreement on all the terms, but don't know what it should look like....

Thanks!

Separation agreements

I picked up my do-it-yourself package at Chapters for $22.
    It comes with a hardcopy of a typical agreement as well as "soft" working copies on a CD.
    Cheers

Comment

Here is a good site with some example agreements.

http://www.spig.clara.net/

Comment

Originally posted by goingthruit
        I picked up my do-it-yourself package at Chapters for $22.
        It comes with a hardcopy of a typical agreement as well as "soft" working copies on a CD.
        Cheers
        I bought that kit too. I did all the agreements myself. Ex wanted more after seeing the lawyer. Went to mediation. Spent $8000 on mediation. Signed agreements (basically what I proposed). Ex contested divorce (all agreements scrapped). $30K in court fees and no end in sight. Stuff that is settled is exactly what I wrote in the $22 kit.

Get it done and get it done quick. Just some words of advice.

Good luck!

Comment

Agreements

I hope my experience is not as bad as yours.
          There is still a lot of respect between us. I am sure some things will have changed from when we first discussed our separation, but hopefully the honesty and values are still strong.
          I can hope can't I ... ???
          Cheers

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X