This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praise for my lawyer....

After all the bashing and frustration I see on this forum, I'd like to share the wonderful attitude mine had. She cancelled the last bill, which would have been enormous (prep for court + all day in court).... and invited me for lunch... We were a great team, I worked my butt off and was always ready with documents, info at my fingertips. She very much appreciated the effort. So there, not all lawyers are evil ;p

That is great to hear as there are very few of them like that, actually you are the first I have ever heard.

Comment

I've met many lawyers. I think there's 2 or 3 I can say I "liked." Thank you for the heart-warming lawyer story

Comment

Good to hear. I'm sure you will refer many people to this lawyer. Nice to hear that some lawyers conduct themselves as business people who are genuinely pleased to have acted on your behalf.

Comment

Glad to hear that Torontonian! It's refreshing to hear about lawyers behaving professionally (as they should) and compassionately for a change! I'm wondering who your lawyer is ... I have a friend who also got lucky with his lawyer, who gave reasonable discounts and like yours, invited him to lunch after the case was over.

Comment

I PM'ed you her name.

Comment

Torontonian, please pm me her info too. Never know if I will need a lawyer again...

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by torontonian View Post
                I PM'ed you her name.
                Got it, thanks!

Comment

Torontonian, please pm me her info too. I am struggling here with my present lawyer

Comment

Thank you for the story, Torontonian.

Comment

My lawyer was like that (although I didn't get lunch), she is in Ottawa now if anyone needs a referral.

Comment

I had a quick divorce which was wonderful, of course I gave up WAY too many things but it was all a learning experience. In the time since the divorce I found a very good woman lawyer who didn't over charge me but listened to my concerns and fears when dealing with the ex directly in court and even on paper. She is in Kingston and I would use her again in a heartbeat.

Comment

>>>Ngozi and RandomJoe: I PM'ed you back the info.
                          Last edited by torontonian; 09-19-2012, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
                            Thank you for the story, Torontonian.
                            And ^this lawyer gives free advice on forums. BIG THUMBS UP. very helpful, thanks OrleansLawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by torontonian View Post
                              >>>Ngozi and RandomJoe: I PM'ed you back the info.
                              i'd like that info too.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X