Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 AM

TLCRN is on a distinguished road

Rental Gown and cost of "graduation" is not included in CS as some some school charge a flat fee of $150-200 (includes cap, rental gown, flowers, cost of the certificate, etc..) and is part of Section 7 as an extra ordinary expenses;
Child Support includes the basic necessity of life: food, clothing, housing and not a one of a life time graduation, keeping in mind a lot of children do not graduate from high school.

Same with "Driver's License" course, fees incured to write the tests as not all children obtain a driver's license and/or take a driver's ed course, therefore, considered under Section 7 as an extra expense.

Yearbook is NOT

Health Care/Medical Benefits is spllit between the parents after being submitted to the parents/child's health care insurance if they have coverage.
It can be debatable dependiing on the Judge as they can also have the children covered under the parent's spouses, common law if have coverage. Whatever is not covered is usually split 50/50.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:00 AM

ChrisB is on a distinguished road

Thank you TLCRN. You seem to be very firm on your response. Is this from past experience or have you seen in as fact? The gown is only $50, yearbook $50, and then $30 for some sort of school item not specific. Again its not he money it is the point as like I said in a earlier post I am asked to pay for everything on top of the hefty CS sent each month.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:17 AM

billm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLCRN View Post
Rental Gown and cost of "graduation" is not included in CS as some some school charge a flat fee of $150-200 (includes cap, rental gown, flowers, cost of the certificate, etc..) and is part of Section 7 as an extra ordinary expenses;
Child Support includes the basic necessity of life: food, clothing, housing and not a one of a life time graduation, keeping in mind a lot of children do not graduate from high school.

Same with "Driver's License" course, fees incured to write the tests as not all children obtain a driver's license and/or take a driver's ed course, therefore, considered under Section 7 as an extra expense.

Yearbook is NOT

Health Care/Medical Benefits is spllit between the parents after being submitted to the parents/child's health care insurance if they have coverage.
It can be debatable dependiing on the Judge as they can also have the children covered under the parent's spouses, common law if have coverage. Whatever is not covered is usually split 50/50.
This is not true, does not agree with the general consensus of the numerous posts on this subject in this forum, and more importantly does not agree with the wording and intent of Section 7.

There is nothing 'extraordinary' about a one time $200 fee, unless as stated in this thread, the combined incomes of the parents is extremely low.
Old 08-29-2012, 04:57 PM

NBDad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Driving is a privilege, not a right, and as such does not constitute an extraordinary expense. (however you'd be a fool to NOT contribute to a driver's ed course, the savings over the first two years alone would pay for it)

Insurance is covered by CS unless the household incomes are very very low.

Quote:
Whatever is not covered is split pro-rata to income.
Fixed it for you. Also, If one parent has coverage and the other does not, then the cost associated with having the child on the benefits plan is a extraordinary expense if you want to get technical about it. But that's REALLY nickel and diming yourself to death there.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 AM

TLCRN is on a distinguished road

ChrisB:
Haven't been to trial with the two Judges dealing with these issues with "final Court Orders" in place pertaining to these issues specifically (Section 7 expenses including issues in my post, child support and post secondary education monthly support).

Like I said in my post, it all depends on the Judges as they have the last decision with them writting the Court Orders...no anyone else!
Their decision is based on a many factors such as the income of the parents, who has health care coverage.
As most people who have dealt with the Court system and have gone to trial on any issue, the Rules are not always black and white!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:57 AM

Buttercup123 is on a distinguished road
Default That portion of medical premiums

My husbands ex wants the portion of her medical premiums paid by him. Yet my husband pays for coverage for child, and he's also covered under my plan. Should he have to pay if we're paying on our own plans for his coverage?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:06 AM

Buttercup123 is on a distinguished road

(b) that portion of the medical and dental insurance premiums attributable to the child;
She wants my husband to pay hers but he is covered on both my & husbands plan which we pay for. Should he have to pay this?
Old 08-30-2012, 10:38 AM

OrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the roughOrleansLawyer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
She wants my husband to pay hers but he is covered on both my & husbands plan which we pay for. Should he have to pay this?
The child could be an extra-ordinary expense, shared according to income. Notwithstanding any contracts or orders to the contrary, he is under no obligation to provide coverage to his ex; if she doesn't want to pay then he withdraw coverage.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:55 PM

singlemom is on a distinguished road

TLCRN. I was looking answer for graduation expense as my two girls are graduating from school this year. Your reply is excellent.

Just want to know if girls dress cost falls under sec 7 or not. The reason I am asking because dresses are expensive and it is one time cost. Does any one know?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemom View Post
TLCRN. I was looking answer for graduation expense as my two girls are graduating from school this year. Your reply is excellent.
Just because TLCRN said something that you agreed with does not make it correct . Unless you have a very low income, it is going to be difficult to call these expenses extraordinary.

Quote:
Just want to know if girls dress cost falls under sec 7 or not. The reason I am asking because dresses are expensive and it is one time cost. Does any one know?
Buy a cheaper dress. Make a dress.

Either you are too poor to afford an expensive dress, or you are too rich to be claiming such a dress as section 7. Pick one, and leave you ex alone.
Closed Thread