Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lawyer not a lawyer?

Question:

Both LSUC and the Barreau du Quebec have a search function to find lawyers by name in each province.

Are all lawyers in good standing listed? If someone is claiming to be a lawyer would they definitely show up in the database or is it possible some are not listed?

If they didn't show up I would call.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
      Are all lawyers in good standing listed?
      Yes on the LSUC site. The idea is to allow people to protect themselves by ensuring their legal representative is licensed.

I would hope that the Barreau du Quebec would take the same approach, but don't know for sure.
      Ottawa Divorce

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
        Yes on the LSUC site. The idea is to allow people to protect themselves by ensuring their legal representative is licensed.

I would hope that the Barreau du Quebec would take the same approach, but don't know for sure.
        Yes the Barreau du Quebec has a similar search engine - I checked out my and Ex's lawyers and they're both "legit". If your lawyer's name is not in there, I would be highly suspicious. Divorce is hard enough without having to deal with a nut-job in a black robe.
        Last edited by Janibel; 01-09-2015, 10:13 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X